INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: problems with WMV files  (Read 1873 times)

mstram24

• Recent member
problems with WMV files
« on: January 24, 2009, 11:46:19 pm »

i never had any problems reading wmv files until i installed media center 12.  Media center 12 (and 13 for that matter) can read all my video files except about one third of my WMV files...which is really bizarre.  After seeing this, i tried to install other codecs packs like CCCP and, following advice from this forum from someone who was also having problems with wmv's, i also got VISTA codecs (which also work for XP..as i use XP) but nothing changed.  my other video players can still read all my WMV files whereas MC 12 and 13, as i said, can only read about two thirds of them.  Among those WMV that can not be read, I didnt notice any patterns in terms of size, length, bitrate etc..it seems to be random.  This is very annoying since Media center is the only video player that has the features that i need. 

HELP plz !

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: problems with WMV files
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2009, 10:31:53 am »

Try toggling the WMV acceleration checkbox in Options > Playback > Directshow playback settings...
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

mstram24

• Recent member
Re: problems with WMV files
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2009, 01:11:31 am »

yeah, ive tried that...doesnt change my problem...what i did is simply go to formats and chose 'external default player' for windows files..
so MC13 opens all my video files except WMV's in which case my default windows media classic opens up and read them...

its still pretty convenient.
Pages: [1]   Go Up