INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Portable installation. My solution?  (Read 1275 times)

blindjim

• Recent member
  • Keep looking up.
Portable installation. My solution?
« on: February 05, 2009, 02:58:59 pm »

Perhaps a portable installation of MC 12.0.534 onto my Iomega 1TB NAS drive will solve my lagging playback of m4a, and m4p files via a Vista SP 2 toshiba laptop...

Does anyone feel this way?

Where would I find both the steps for this install and the settings for MC in this situation?

Thanks extremely.
It's not what you don't know that can hurt you, it's what you know that just ain't so that does the most damage, most of the time!

Mr ChriZ

• Citizen of the Universe
  • :-D
Re: Portable installation. My solution?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2009, 03:07:33 pm »

I very much doubt that.  MC for the most part will be running in memory, so having it on a different disk is not going to make any signficant difference in that area.

Are you finding the CPU's pegging out when running these files?
I found the other day that my machine couldn't handle Mp4 files using the default setup, however by changing it to use DirectShow filters the problem was resolved.  However I think this feature may only be in MC13, so you may need to try that to resolve your issue.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Portable installation. My solution?
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2009, 03:07:49 pm »

I don't think you said earlier that you were using M4A files.  Please read this recent thread:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=50431.msg344886#msg344886

If you don't tell MC otherwise, it will use the Quicktime engine to play the files.  Directshow playback is possible.
Pages: [1]   Go Up