INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: AC3 Files Imported as "Data/Document" Media Type  (Read 1365 times)

cncb

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
AC3 Files Imported as "Data/Document" Media Type
« on: February 06, 2009, 11:38:33 am »

I am importing AC3 files and even though the AC3 file type is checked under "Audio" in the import dialog, the files are being imported as Data/Documents.  I can get them to play in MC and can manually edit the media type, but it doesn't have the length and other Audio attributes.  Why isn't this importing as Audio and how can I get it to do so?  Thanks.
-Craig    MO 4Media remote and player:  Android/TV/Auto | iOS | Windows 10/UWP

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: AC3 Files Imported as "Data/Document" Media Type
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2009, 01:58:56 pm »

The following configuration works for me:

Tools > Options > File Types > AC3 Audio (AC3): JRiver audio engine (using DirectShow filter)

Tools > Options > Playback > Video > DirectShow Playback Options > DirectShow filters > ac3...
Source Filters: AC3File
Other Filters: AC3Filter, optionally JRiver Bitrate Monitor filter (I don't know if it works with AC3 files)
Use JRiver Audio Renderer: enabled

You can download the AC3File and AC3Filter DirectShow filters from: http://ac3filter.net/ .
You may need to update library from tags or possibly reimport the files from a new folder.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2009, 03:45:35 pm »

Thanks.  I moved them to another directory after I got the playback working and they now import properly as Audio.  Seems like strange behavior to me, though.  Either they are Audio or not - just because you can't don't have playback settings correct at the time of import they are no longer Audio files?

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2009, 05:19:31 pm »

... just because you can't don't have playback settings correct at the time of import they are no longer Audio files?

I'd say "not yet" instead of "no longer".

The AC3 format is not internally supported. AC3 can be detected as audio and played only when suitable DirectShow filters are installed and correctly configured.

By default MC handles unknown formats as documents. It is more like a feature than a fault. MC's database can be used for organizing and tagging foreign file formats even though the the formats may not be playable or displayable at all.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2009, 05:29:58 pm »

By default MC handles unknown formats as documents. It is more like a feature than a fault. MC's database can be used for organizing and tagging foreign file formats even though the the formats may not be playable or displayable at all.

I understand what you're saying but in this case it is not an unknown file format - it is listed as one of the possible file extensions under "Audio" in the import dialog.
Pages: [1]   Go Up