INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ? on how to work out what the skipped files during the Import are  (Read 1236 times)

jmone

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I won! I won!

Any way of working out what the "Skipped XX files previously deleted from the library" are?  The "Show in-depth summary" does not say what they are.
Thanks
Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect

marko

• MC Beta Team
Re: ? on how to work out what the skipped files during the Import are
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2009, 02:09:38 am »

If you turn on logging, the skipped files are in there, but not in a particularly user friendly way, iirc, they're logged as they're encountered.

WARNING: If anyone follows these steps, please make sure you understand what you are looking at before choosing to delete any files.
Another way to see which ones, is to make a smartlist using just one rule.. : ~d=tcme

Now make another smartlist that excludes the one you just made, and also, from the modifiers list, "Limit Database to.." "All"
This list should show you files removed from the library that still exist on your hard drive. Be careful though, as there's other stuff in there too. For example, if you use stacks for a handheld cache or just in general, add the following two exclusions to remove those files from the list... -[stack tag]="HH" -[stack top]=-1

So, you're working smartlist should look something like:

-the first smartlist you made above -[stack tag]="HH" -[stack top]=-1 ~d=a

-marko.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2009, 02:13:53 am »

Ahh thanks Marko - as I've only two I'll check the log first!
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2009, 02:43:01 am »

Easy to find - just search the log for "Previously Removed" - Note: best to shut MC, then open and rerun the import unless you like looking at a huge log file that takes ages to open!
Thanks
Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect
Pages: [1]   Go Up