INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Convert iTunes Music from PC or iPod into MC 13???  (Read 1074 times)

sbpyper

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Convert iTunes Music from PC or iPod into MC 13???
« on: February 13, 2009, 11:06:39 am »

Please Help!

I have been running the latest version of iTunes and using newest generation iPod Classic with 120 gb. 

I read that iTunes is incompatible with MC13.  Or in other words, there was no way to turn the iTunes start-up feature OFF once the program was already installed on the PC.  So, I uninstalled iTunes.  My iTunes music folder is left along with my iTunes music on my iPod.

When I connected my iPod to my PC while MC13 is open, I see at the bottom left corner, "Apple iPod Class I: and then below DROP FILES HERE".

Well, at this point I was hoping that MC13 would prompt to syncronize my iPod with my MC13 when I connected the iPod cable but that didn't happen.

I tried to IMPORT the iTunes Music Folder from my pc into MC13 using the MC13 Tools, Import Folder but MC13 didn't recognize the folder or the music file.

Isn't there ANY WAY to copy my music from my iPod or my Itunes music folder into MC13 without ripping my 100 cds AGAIN!???

PLEASE HELP!

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Convert iTunes Music from PC or iPod into MC 13???
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2009, 11:50:24 am »

There should be no need to rerip.

What file type are your files?  If they are AAC, you'll need to install Directshow filters to allow playback inside Media Center.

Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

sbpyper

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Re: Convert iTunes Music from PC or iPod into MC 13???
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2009, 06:47:29 pm »

Thank you for replying!

My music file is AAC or the iTunes default.  I ripped my CDs originally into iTunes and gave it authority to manage my files.

I guess somehow I thought that importing AAC files would be automatic since they state that the program is iPod compatible.

Where do I purchase or download this additional piece of software?  Are there any instructions for it's use?

Lastly, shouldn't the MC13 main website direct newbies to an "iPod Set-up" page that has been updated in regard to the newest iTunes software issue which has NO OPTION for stopping Itunes from starting with the iPod is connected (http://www.jrmediacenter.com/ipod.html)? Also, I didn't see any mention in the iPod Settings link referring the user to the program you just mentioned.

Sorry, I'm just trying to provide some feedback from a frustrated MC13 user.

I appreciate your directions for solving this issue!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Pages: [1]   Go Up