INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tagging - HELP!!!!!  (Read 1033 times)

|-AFK-|Matrix

Tagging - HELP!!!!!
« on: July 19, 2002, 10:36:16 am »

Hi,

Just started this mp3 lark, when i change the tags in MJ it works fine but if say i go into windows explorer nothing seems to have changed, even if i chage the name in MJ tags, is this correct or is there a way to change the tags then update the file??

Sorry if this is a stupid question but i am a complete newbie.

Gatobrit

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Home Theatre, Walking, Fischer Bitter
RE:Tagging - HELP!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2002, 10:38:07 am »

Check out Settings / Options - General and the tagging options in the middle of the right pane - make sure they are all checked.
Namaste,
John

AlonsoN

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2002, 10:45:52 am »

Also you have to be using a version of Windows that shows tag info in Explorer (XP?), otherwise what you see is the file name, not the tag.

Tag = info about a song that is part of the song file.
File Name = The name of the file stored on your hard drive.  Ends .mp3, .wav, .oog, etc.

MJ can help you make your file names make sence.  For instance it can rebuild your file names from tag information.

|-AFK-|Matrix

RE:How do u make Explorer (XP) see tag data
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2002, 01:37:13 pm »

Thanks AlonsoN 2 questions, how do u make XP explorer show tag data and how do u make MJ rebuild my file names from tag information??

AlonsoN

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2002, 07:30:57 pm »

2 questions, 1 answer.

I was under the impression that Win-something would/could show tag info in explorer.  I'm running NT and not the guy to ask.

As to the other, select some files, r.click and select Properties.  Then under Tools you will find plenty options to fix/clean up/replace etc. tags.  A very neat and powerful tool.

Hint:  Make a COPY of a handful of files and muck with them until you get it figured out.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2002, 02:51:14 am »

|-AFK-|Matrix

there is a fix in the latest MJ, it seems a media tag MJ was saving windows XP explorer did not like it, so it was not showing the tag info.

if you update mj, and then go to the files that do not show, or all and re-save the tags it might\should clear it up.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA
Pages: [1]   Go Up