INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ISO files will not import  (Read 1943 times)

cygreg1

ISO files will not import
« on: April 11, 2009, 05:32:31 pm »

The media center will not allow me to import or play any of the ISO files I have on my hard drive. Does the player not support these file types? Thanks

jmone

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I won! I won!
Re: ISO files will not import
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2009, 02:47:11 am »

MC13 does not "play" ISO files as such (as they are a disc image) but may play the content on them once they are mounted.  More info can be found in the Wiki at http://wiki.jrmediacenter.com/index.php/DVD_Library_in_Media_Center
JRiver CEO Elect

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: ISO files will not import
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2009, 03:34:51 am »

You can configure your system to automount ISO files. You need to install a program that can create a virtual optical drive and mount disc image files (e.g. Daemon Tools or Virtual CloneDrive).

You can import ISOs to MC as documents. As jmone said ISO files cannot be played directly inside MC, but they can be automounted on "play" and automatically played as regular DVD video discs.

In other words: when the system is properly configured you can select an ISO file inside MC and start playback. The ISO file will be opened with the associated external program (= the installed drive emulator) and automatically mounted as a DVD video disc. The autoplay system will detect the inserted DVD disc and playback in MC will start.

You can add file tags and also cover art to ISO files since MC's database can handle also various document file types.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755
Pages: [1]   Go Up