INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Purchased MC11, upgraded to 12 then upgraded to MC13, can not renew licence?  (Read 2007 times)

Sprtfan

• Recent member

I purchased MC11 several years ago and then upgraded to 12 when it came out.  I later upgraded to MC13 but have not been able to get it to work since I got a new computer.  When I try to get the licence for MC13 it tells me I have to upgrade.  Thanks for any help

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

Just visit the Restore page and have the system e-mail you your licenses.  Start at "Purchase" above.

Sprtfan

• Recent member

I have done that and the licenced emailed to me does not seem to work.  It tells me I must upgrade.  I remember reading a post a while back that it had something to do with the fact that I upgraded a upgraded licence and that it could cause some problems.  Thanks for the help

JimH

• Administrator

Please read the License page more carefully:
http://www.jrmediacenter.com/buy_13.html

The confusion may be over the difference between:

A Registration Code (good forever)
and
An Install Key (good for 14 days)

Use your Registration Code to restore. 

If you continue to have trouble, please provide more details.  Which version are you using, exact error message, etc.

Do not post your Registration Code.

Sprtfan

• Recent member

I'm using a Registration Code and the install key that gets emailed to me will not work.  The problem could be that I'm using the Registration Code that I received when I purchased MC11.  Would I get a new Registration Code when I purchased MC12 and MC13 or would they just be tied to the original code that I received?   Thanks

Mr ChriZ

• :-D

Go here
https://rover.jriver.com/cgi-bin/restore_email.cgi?displayemail=1

Type your email address and it will forward you your registration code for each version of MC.

Sprtfan

• Recent member

Thanks, that fixed it for me.  I was using the registration code I had when I purchased MC11.  Sorry for the mix up.

JimH

• Administrator

You're welcome.  Glad you got it working.
Pages: [1]   Go Up