INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Won't import . . . even after renaming and re-tagging [solved -- bad files]  (Read 1877 times)

npearce

• Recent member

I'm a brand new user of Media Jukebox.  I'm currently trying to import my entire music collection (about 12,500 songs).  I recently took the time to completely convert everything to .mp3, and I also renamed and re-tagged every single song.  I did this because I wasn't getting Windows Media Player to import the songs.  After giving up on WMP, I decided to give Songbird a try.  It seemed to import all my songs fine, but I don't like other aspects of that program.  Then I found Media Jukebox.  I love everything about it, but I can't figure out why it won't import about half my music collection.  I've done a forum search, and I can't seem to find anything that helps.  About half the songs imported perfectly, and the other half won't import no matter what I try.

PLEASE HELP!!!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Won't import . . . even after renaming and re-tagging.
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2009, 10:24:32 am »

Are they mp3 files?  Anything unusual?  Small, low bit-rate, etc.

Double check your import options.

npearce

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2009, 12:19:15 pm »

It appears that the files that the library won't import don't have any Media info when I right click and view properties in windows explorer.  I've used 2 different mp3 tagging programs to try to fix this.  Is there something I'm doing wrong?  Can Media Jukebox import based on file name only?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2009, 01:58:32 pm »

It appears that the files that the library won't import don't have any Media info when I right click and view properties in windows explorer.  I've used 2 different mp3 tagging programs to try to fix this.  Is there something I'm doing wrong?  Can Media Jukebox import based on file name only?

Could you send a sample file to matt at jriver dot com?

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

npearce

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2009, 02:15:16 pm »

I figured out that the .m4a's I converted to .mp3's all got converted at 0.0 filesize.  So they were being added to Songbird, but they wouldn't play.  I guess I'll load the m4a's, since I'm not using WMP.
Pages: [1]   Go Up