INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: h264 Video Stutters  (Read 1761 times)

jroyale

• Galactic Citizen
h264 Video Stutters
« on: March 01, 2009, 04:09:13 pm »

I'm running the latest version 12 and using FFDSHOW (although when I do change the filter it still happens) and I'm getting what I can only describe as a stutter or hiccup in certain movies every 3 or 5 minutes.  It's not huge but noticeable.  I used media info to see the difference between movies that do this and movies that don't and I can't see anything but maybe more professional eyes can help me out.

Something of note...I just update and it began.  Movies that previously didn't stutter are.  The stutter happens in the same frame ie. if I rewind and playback it happens at the exact same frame.

Hellboy 2 stutters and Ghost Town doesn't.  No movie has a worse stutter.  If it stutters it stutters all at the same rate.

One quick thing of note I just read a string on latency.  Could this be it?  If so what settings should I try?

MODIFIDIED: I removed the movie info because I solved the issue.  I changed the video render to enahance from VMR9.  I tried all others but they all failed.  I will post a question of enhanced vs. VMR9 but if anybody wants to give me a brief explanaition here that would be great as well.

Thanks.

jroyale

• Galactic Citizen
Re: h264 Video Stutters
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2009, 12:02:59 pm »

I will so that I am pretty disappointed in the support level for MC12 now.  It's been 3 days since I've posted and not 1 admin has replied to this or marked it solved.

Knowing MC13 is out now there are still a lot of customers that use MC12 and still rely on these boards for your support which you have claimed to me in the past faster and more effective than e-mail or phone support.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: h264 Video Stutters
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2009, 12:43:26 pm »

No answer often means that nobody knows the answer.

It appears you solved the problem though. 

The wiki has a lot of info on DirectShow.  Link is above.

You might consider updating.  DirectShow support is improved.
Pages: [1]   Go Up