INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How Do I Make A View Scheme for My CD/DVD Database on MC13?  (Read 1640 times)

snapperocks

• World Citizen
How Do I Make A View Scheme for My CD/DVD Database on MC13?
« on: March 05, 2009, 05:33:49 am »

Hi
This has always been a great feature of MC for me having all my CD's and DVD's catalogued. I now have MC 13 and when I upgraded from MC12 I no longer had this database.

I would appreciate if someone would take me through the steps to rectify this. I am also wondering as I have MC 12 still installed with the database is it possible to transfer this to MC 13?

Many Thanks  :)
nlc

Lasse_Lus

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: How Do I Make A View Scheme for My CD/DVD Database on MC13?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2009, 05:41:09 am »

~d=c
MT5FR

snapperocks

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2009, 06:02:38 am »

Sorry I need to know where in the view box does this go?
nlc

Lasse_Lus

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2009, 06:16:36 am »

if you press import/export and paste it...

or

MT5FR

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2009, 03:37:48 pm »

snapperocks asked the following by PM:

Hi Alex

You have kindly helped me with this before. I find now that I have MC 13 I no longer have my CD database. I still have MC 12 installed with the data base so is there a way to import/export this data base to MC 13? Would you explain how I can do this and add the MC 13 database.
I really appreciate your assistance.

Since my answer and the possible discusssion may be useful for others I'll post my reply here.

The only way to import the CD database is to import the complete MC12 library. Create a library backup file in MC12 and restore the file in MC13.

If you already have lots of new/newly tagged files in your MC13 library you can export the MC13 library as an MPL playlist and import that playlist after you have restored the MC12 library backup file. It will then update file data and import the new files. You must use the File > Import Playlist tool if you want to update existing files from an MPL playlist file. The auto-importer does not do that.

I thought that it would be possible to export/import an MPL playlist of the CD files, but apparently that does not work. An MPL playlist that consists of CD and DVD files doesn't import the filename values at all. (I'll report this as a bug.)
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

snapperocks

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2009, 07:51:51 pm »

Thanks a million Alex.

You are a legend!!

That worked perfectly

I wonder how many others have struggled with this?  :)
nlc
Pages: [1]   Go Up