INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: (Multiple Artists) - Collection - Cover Art  (Read 1176 times)

Mr ChriZ

• Citizen of the Universe
  • :-D
(Multiple Artists) - Collection - Cover Art
« on: March 08, 2009, 04:30:35 pm »

I've asked about this one before.  I've got this random african guy that appears on my cover art for
stuff that isn't properly tagged.
It's under Artist:Multiple Artists - Album: Collection

First of all I found that he was hiding away in random places in my collection.  I think I've figured out all ways of removing him, but I've also realised he's on the YADB server, as a result as my MC is set to get cover art it seems to go and grab him back now and then.  Could he be removed somehow?

Felipe_br

• Recent member
Re: (Multiple Artists) - Collection - Cover Art
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2009, 02:04:19 pm »

I used to have this same problem.
Finally I realized that the image was coming from inside the folder where the MP3 files were.

I don't know why but MC tends to create a hiden image file for eache cover you bring to your MP3 songs.
After some days it becomes a mass MC starts to use this hiden jpg cover art files as cover arts for some songs in your library.

To stop that from happening I stoped using MC to paste my cover art in the mp3 files and started using utilities like Mp3Tag v2.43.
I organized all my convers inside the tags of the mp3 files.
Then I went to my old folders, unhide system files in Windows, searched for hiden jpg files and erased them all.

Those strange cover arts stop from showing into my library.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: (Multiple Artists) - Collection - Cover Art
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2009, 06:16:50 pm »

I don't know why but MC tends to create a hiden image file for eache cover you bring to your MP3 songs.
After some days it becomes a mass MC starts to use this hiden jpg cover art files as cover arts for some songs in your library.
That's probably Windows making folder.jpg files, and not MC.  MC doesn't make hidden images.
Pages: [1]   Go Up