INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tags from third party servers not found in MC25  (Read 1528 times)

Bernard Victor

• Recent member
Tags from third party servers not found in MC25
« on: October 14, 2019, 01:27:30 am »

Hi

When browsing the music located on the NAS (MinimServer and Asset UPnPservers) with MC25 on my macbook pro, MC shows some tags (typically, artist, album, album artist, genre, year) but not all the tags that I used for classical music (conductor, orchestra, other custom tags). For classical music, those extra tags are very important. Is there a way I can achieve this?

Thanks

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Tags from third party servers not found in MC25
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2019, 08:56:12 am »

Hi

When browsing the music located on the NAS (MinimServer and Asset UPnPservers) with MC25 on my macbook pro, MC shows some tags (typically, artist, album, album artist, genre, year) but not all the tags that I used for classical music (conductor, orchestra, other custom tags). For classical music, those extra tags are very important. Is there a way I can achieve this?

Thanks
When you connect to the NAS as a DLNA server (choosing it from the Playing from in the MC tree) you will get a limited set of tags. This is because only a subset of all possible tags are supported by the DLNA protocol.

Another way to do this is to mount the NAS as a file share on your Mac and add the folders that you store your media in on the NAS to MC's auto-import (with MC set to use the main Library).
You will then see all of the tags in the files on your NAS in MC.

Bernard Victor

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2019, 01:33:10 pm »

Ok very clear; thank you for your answer

Bernard Victor

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2019, 06:02:42 am »

Well after another set of tests, it seems to work after all; MC can read all the tags from MinimServer and Asset UPnP, including the custom tags I have created.
I had to do Tools - > Library Tools -> Update Library (from Tags); I had forgotten this critical step.
Pages: [1]   Go Up