INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How can I make MC13 behave like MC12?  (Read 1396 times)

jetsetter883

• Recent member
How can I make MC13 behave like MC12?
« on: March 15, 2009, 07:05:12 pm »

While I don't dislike MC13, I don't feel as if MC12 was ever really broken (at least for me). In 12, it just seemed much easier to change tags via the media library but now i'm having a hell of a time trying to do that with MC13. I'll delete files from my ipod and they just keep showing up again in MC13's queue. I feel I have no control over the program's actions. maybe i'm just not used to it.

My question is, is there anything I can do to make the MC13 media library look (and *act*) more like MC 12? there's just way too many fancy views and options in MC13's library that makes it harder for me to sort my songs like im used to (which was just a plain ol list which included the device status)

Also, would I be doing myself a disservice if I stick to MC12? I'm worried that i may have compatibilty issues down the line if i do.

Freddy Twotimes

Re: How can I make MC13 behave like MC12?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2009, 07:50:23 pm »

I posted this in my own thread "still having problems with MC 13" but since your concerns were basically the same as mine, I thought I would copy and past my solution in your thread too. I had not gotton to the editing yet and how it differs from MC 12 but I was not able to double click on a song anymore in the main library details screen without being forced to go into a stacked view of the album cover and artist song list. The music would not continue to play while I was in the main library detail screen either; selecting shuffle did nothing. I was also having problems with it showing incorrect album covers for the artist I was listening to.

What I had to do is create a playlist, [I called it Shuffle all] copy and paste my entire library in it, and in that playlist, the music will continue to play music after the origonal song was selected. I can also double click on a song without having to go to that stacked split screen view with a view of the album cover. To make MC 13 act like MC 12, I have to basically stay in that playlist I created with my entire music library in it.

...  the Album art does not match the artist. I was able to get rid of the album art by high-lighting my entire music library and right clicking, selecting remove cover art and allowing them to be removed from the HDD.

Now all I see is a musical note next to the song details or a green play arrow up top. I like that better than seeing the wrong album art for an artist.

markathy

Re: How can I make MC13 behave like MC12?
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2009, 09:06:09 am »

Thanks, this works. It was sending me crazy to not be able to build a playlist like i used to. This was the best feature of MC over the years and when I lost it i just stopped listening to music. It was all too hard and I gave up.
Pages: [1]   Go Up