INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Date / Year tag is wrong!  (Read 2704 times)

rosie

• Recent member
Date / Year tag is wrong!
« on: March 19, 2009, 01:11:43 am »

Hi, I have noticed that some background proces is changing my files e.g. almbum art is being embeded, wich is fine but regarding the data/year tag it is changed from <YYYY> to <YYYY-01-01> - that's wrong! How do I stop it? By the way is there an ovrview of ALL the settings that mess with the tags?

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: Date / Year tag is wrong!
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2009, 06:42:04 am »

If the file format is FLAC that is a known problem in MC12. The FLAC decoder plugin writes the "year" values in the "YYYY-01-01" format. The "-01-01" part does not show up inside MC12, but most other programs do not interpret the tag as a plain year value. The problem has been fixed in MC13.

EDIT

If you want to preserve the existing year values, but do other file tag changes with MC12 (like adding cover art) you can disable tag writing in the "Date" field's options (Options > Library & Folders > Standard Library Fields > Date > Edit This Field > untick: Store in file tags (when possible).

You can also disable tag writing globally (Options > General > Update tags when file info changes), but then you will not be able to edit or add any file tags.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

rosie

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2009, 06:56:40 am »

Thanks a lot for your answer. So it is 100% sure not an issue in MC13? I have read the "New Features in MC13" page and couldn't see that. Has anything else related to FLAC ripping, tagging & playing been changed/corrected in MC13?

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2009, 07:09:40 am »

Yes, it has been fixed in MC13. I reported the problem and personally participated in testing the change.

You can also now create a precise time stamp that will be automatically saved to a separate flac tag in JRiver's internal format (the tag is JR_DATE). So, for instance, if you have a live recording from '2006-06-28 21:00' and you want to save that date/time it is now possible to store it in the file tags without affecting the separate "year" tag that will be stored as "2006" only.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

rosie

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2009, 07:12:12 am »

Alex B, thx a lot, I guess I better upgrade then!
Pages: [1]   Go Up