INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MediaCenter12 hangs on Vista x64..  (Read 1291 times)

WB3FFV

• Recent member
MediaCenter12 hangs on Vista x64..
« on: March 20, 2009, 02:27:54 pm »

Not sure if going to MC13 would help at all, but I have a workstation running Vista Ultimate x64, connected to a Windows 2008 Server for my storage.   In general this layout works super for all my needs, but MC12 seems to have a hell of a time with this.

At times, if I am editing tags, or images on my music collection MC12 will just freeze hard, in fact so hard that I have to reboot my workstation to get out of it.  Even trying to kill the process with Task Manager is ineffective.  This seems to happen whenever MC12 is trying to write back to the files, reading files is no problem.

This is really annoying, as even on my workstation a reboot is a total pain, as I have mirrored drives, and it then takes hours to revalidate the drives after MC12 hanging so hard it can't kill the process to shutdown.

I wonder if this is any issue with the fact MC12 is 32bit, and I am trying to run it in a 64bit environment.   As I sure don't have this issue with any other software on this PC, just MC12..

Any ideas???

:'(

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: MediaCenter12 hangs on Vista x64..
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2009, 03:09:36 pm »

We haven't heard this before.  It almost sounds like a drive issue.  For what it's worth, Media Center is well tested on Vista x64 (I develop on it).

However, I'd recommend trying Media Center 13.  It does have a new MP3 tagging engine.

If the problem persists, try to use Help > Logging to get a log of the hang.  It should give us a clue about where to look next.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up