INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Keep Theater View/Wall Cover Art Aspect Ratio unchanged from Image File  (Read 2001 times)

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

I'm loving all the changes we have to Theater View, and even the Hairstyle skin is tempting me away from my beloved Obsidian. However, I do have a request:

Can you please maintain the cover art aspect ratio of the original Image File? I'm talking about the list views in Theater View with the reflected cover art on the right side - the image is now cropped square with the aspect ratio of a CD cover, even for DVD covers. I tag all my videos with DVD covers or screen grabs and these look awful in the cropped low-res square aspect ratio. Would it be possible to eventually include the native aspect ratio for cover art in these slick new views?

)p(

+1

With the 3d wall there is a point that it could look messy...but with just one there is no reason not to use the proper aspect ratio. I suspect its just not yet implemented in the 3d renderer.

peter

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team

I think that a square outline could be maintained for the wall and the cover art just placed within it, letterboxed like a widescreen movie on a 4:3 screen.
I'm also hoping that these changes are in the early stages and that the staff had no intention of leaving it like this.

All these changes are great, and I'm happy to have them... but no reason why we can't strive for perfection, right? :)

)p(

I think that a square outline could be maintained for the wall and the cover art just placed within it, letterboxed like a widescreen movie on a 4:3 screen.
I'm also hoping that these changes are in the early stages and that the staff had no intention of leaving it like this.

All these changes are great, and I'm happy to have them... but no reason why we can't strive for perfection, right? :)

sure I agree...I also made some suggestions how to use proper aspect ratios with the 3d wall. Be sure to try the showroom 3d wall with a chronological layout of your favorite photo's...its like flying through your life...my girlfriend loves it when projected big in our theaterroom!

peter

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team

That's cool. I have a 5 week old daughter, and I take pictures of her face everyday (like Noah K. did, but less scary!) (http://everyday.noahkalina.com/index.php).
I'll definitely use your suggestion with showroom 3d, once I remember all the steps you need to take to activate it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up