INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC13 (All rev) can not activate  (Read 1240 times)

G Tiemessen

MC13 (All rev) can not activate
« on: March 29, 2009, 01:41:32 am »

Hello,
MC13 (All rev) can not activate!!!!!,the administrator is the only user on this computer.
I have also tryed two time's a brand new installation,but i have only 10 for one year.
If i click the message away,everthing works normal,by the way i don't get not always this
message (Can not Activate because etc etc etc)

imugli

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC13 (All rev) can not activate!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2009, 10:44:36 pm »

I get this too...
I have found that disabling the 'Start Media Server on Windows Startup' option in Tools > Options > General stops this happening.

Perhaps this is a bug though? Should MC not recognise that this is setup as an option and start as normal?

G Tiemessen

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: MC13 (All rev) can not activate!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2009, 01:38:04 am »

I get this too...

I have found that disabling the 'Start Media Server on Windows Startup' option in Tolls > Options > General stops this happening.

Perhaps this is a bug though? Should MC not recognise that this is setup as an option and start as normal?
Hello, In my case this media server was also disabled, I shall try now with the enable Server Function.
A few days later:
Till now no more problems,so the solution above is verry correct.      Thank you very much Sjef Tiemessen

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: MC13 (All rev) can not activate
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2009, 09:29:02 am »

What is the exact message you are seeing?  Is it this one:

Media Center is already running, but could not be activated.

This means that the program is already running under a different user account, or that it is not responding.

To solve this problem, reboot the computer and ensure that no additional user accounts are running the program.

If so, this is not related to licensing.  It means two instances (server and probably regular) are being started at once.

We'll look at making the message more clear.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up