INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Plugins, questions on user interaction  (Read 1892 times)

raldo

• Citizen of the Universe
Plugins, questions on user interaction
« on: April 01, 2009, 12:25:18 pm »

A couple of questions. Some have been answered a long time ago, so I'm posting them again to check status wrt. release 13:

o Is it possible to add items to the right click menu (context menu)? When the user clicks this new item, a command could be intercepted in a plugin..
o Is it possible to add new buttons in the toolbar where commands can be intercepted in the plugin?
o Can a plugin read which file is currently selected (and not playing, paused, waiting, etc)?

If "no" is still the answer, I'd be interested to know why not...

raldo

Re: Plugins, questions on user interaction
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2009, 03:40:14 am »

Ok, so say I have the filename, entire path and all.

Do anyone know how to get at the file within the automation framework? Do I need to walk the entire file tree and compare filenames?

Or is there another way?

The reason why I am asking is that I have an idea for a plugin and I need the filename from within automation to continue...

davjand

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2009, 06:36:08 am »

I think for the filename you could just plug it into the automation search method, either just directly or you could use the query syntax [Filename]=[xxx]. I think there are docs somewhere on this but an easier way is to use the search wizard to experiment and then just click import/export and it'll give you the syntax.

I've not done any plugin development for sixth months but my current understanding for your questions is that

1) + 2) I don't think that these are possible
3) This is possible using a combination of the curPlaylistAutomation and PlaybackAutomation. Both can be obtained from the central automation object. More info here

If anyone has better information regarding 1+2 then i'd be interested as well.
Hope this helps :)

raldo

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2009, 08:41:22 am »

I think for the filename you could just plug it into the automation search method, either just directly or you could use the query syntax [Filename]=[xxx]. I think there are docs
[...]
Thanks, I'll look into this...
Pages: [1]   Go Up