INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CNET User Feedback  (Read 2068 times)

Tuber

• Recent member
CNET User Feedback
« on: July 17, 2002, 04:50:37 pm »

The first and only piece of user feedback currently up for MJ 8.0.32 doesn't look too good. Hopefully MJ users can counter-act this a bit.

http://download.com.com/3000-2167-10128681.html?tag=sptlt

JimH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
RE:CNET User Feedback
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2002, 04:54:06 pm »

We have met the enemy and he is IndigoBl.  A problem personality.

They blew away all our old user ratings.  We're fighting with them now.  MJ will prevail.
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

TURBO

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2002, 04:57:27 pm »

That is not good. Maybe jelousy?. Evil is always watching.

JimH

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2002, 05:09:33 pm »

I'm not familiar with Evil.  Does he use WMP?
Jim Hillegass

sekim

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2002, 05:23:37 pm »

Hang on J River folk...

You have one user that ###### you. But, if you look at the downloads from CNET, you can see that the other 400,000 plus users didn't have to much of a problem with this.

Indigobl screwed you guys in a way that sucked. Never had a problem until he figured out that you were only trying to C.Y.A.

Relax, the rest of us without personality disorders can deal with the way you guys do this. I don't give a #### if you want to send info back to your servers to see if I paid up. Some SOB that is to cheap to shuck out $ 25.00 bucks should not be hinderance to the goal of J River. Which is to be the best ALL IN ONE JUKEBOX, period.

Anyone else care to comment?

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2002, 05:27:26 pm »

I Think IndigoBl Wanted To Pirate The Software And Wanted To Rip J River Off.

So He Is Pissed He Can't Use A Crack.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

sekim

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2002, 05:33:09 pm »

Where do I send the M.O.?

Is that a real address?

I'll gladly send you the money just to keep you from being so self-serving against a company that has been nothing short of wonderful to its soul source of survival. US.

You have issues that are unfounded in todays day and age. Just because J River wants to make sure of its assests, you think they are spying on you.

Get a grip. And if you receive the money from me will you go away?

The rest of the forum crowd could indeed go to CNET and dis' you like no tomorrow. But, upon further thinking, why should we? You are but one voice in many. And to most, it is a small voice at that.

Charlemagne 8

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2002, 06:03:13 pm »

Privacy policies generally deal with a company's promise to not sell or otherwise distribute your personal information to other parties, not with trying to determine if you have a legal right to their software.
Most software programs check your version if only to offer an upgrade.
Ever had a popup that advised you that your trial period had expired? Ever had a popup offering an update to some software you just started? If you run many programs, Windows included, you have seen these. Where do you think they got that information? Yes, Windows says that "this is done without sending any information to Microsoft" but well, that's bull.

Even a stated privacy policy doesn't mean you're private. All it means is that they SAY you're private. Where's the enforcement? There's not any. Where's your recourse if the privacy policy is violated? There's not any.

Many times I have gotten SPAMed right after installing software that had a privacy policy in place.
I have NEVER been SPAMed because of ANY interaction with Media Jukebox.
I have gotten ONE message in almost 2 years of MJing telling me of an update.
I have gotten several personal Emails from real people that work at JRiver trying to resolve a problem I was having with Media Jukebox. That's a good thing.

JRiver has no privacy policy because they don't need one. Checking for software rights IS NOT a violation of your privacy.

Which brings me to another point ... if you are so worried about the lack of a privacy policy, which by normal definitions means promising not to share your personal information, why on Earth would you post your name and address (at least your home town) on a public bulletin board? Anyone with "Evil" intent could find you that way.
Please wake up and stop trying to trash good people.
CVIII
That's right.
I'm cool.

sekim

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2002, 06:14:17 pm »

CVIII,

Hey dude, how's it going? See you have as much heartfelt admiration for MJ as me.

Where else could a person find this kind of personal attention then here? If anyone wants an example, just dig through the past few days threads and see what they did for me.

J River is not out to get you. It is a simple step forward in modern technollogy to allow them to make sure they are getting paid for sevices rendered. Don't like it, uninstall it.

How many are about to do that?

TURBO

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2002, 06:19:54 pm »

JimH:
I'm not familiar with Evil. Does he use WMP?

Malevolence. Him, hmmm. He uses generic plug-ins in secured mode.

sekim

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2002, 06:22:47 pm »

>>>> He uses generic plug-ins in secured mode. <<<<<

Maybe that's what possessed my machine a few days ago.

Jazzwolf

• World Citizen
  • Jazz, Classic Rock, Classic 70's NY Salsa
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2002, 06:34:32 pm »

>>Which brings me to another point ... if you are so worried about the lack of a privacy policy, which by normal definitions means promising not to share your personal information, why on Earth would you post your name and address (at least your home town) on a public bulletin board? Anyone with "Evil" intent could find you that way. <<

It goes without saying that this clown obviously is not the sharpest pencil in the box!
It's alright now, I learned my lesson well, you see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself - Rick Nelson

DeathRider

• World Citizen
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2002, 06:54:32 pm »

""indigobl says"
Sorry guys, but I paid back in January. Jim did offer a refund, but I have not seen that yet. "

Does this mean that you are not denying the posting on cnet, If you did this be a man and hold your self accountable. I was going to write a long post with my personal view of you but decided against it since you would only clip the segments that would fit your purpose and your attempt to atack JRiver/JimH. To tell you the truth, I realy feel sorry for you, I mean realy realy feel sorry for you.

TSK  TSK
Robert Long

zevele1

« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2002, 03:51:31 am »

indigobl

The others are wrong
You are free to say what you want about a program on any site

I do not want to invade your privacy,but i have a question

If you get your $25 back ,would you buy some toilet paper?
Look like you clean yourself with your fingers
Why not you ask me?
Cause all this brown on your posts is not that nice

DeathRider

• World Citizen
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2002, 05:32:55 am »

Even though I am fired up about this I will agree with "zevele".
But for one thing, the methods are wrong, his post didnt cover the full context of the issue and is border line. If he wants a refund and JimH says he will give him one then JimH should do so except at that point when some one tries to block income for JimH. I have to see it this way, all the negative post from before they were cleared out of the CNet page were repetative attacks made to look like they were from different users but once you looked at the core of each message they were undoubtly from the same person, it was an attack that went beyond reason, it is one thing to voice ones opinion but another to subvert others views. Bottom line is "indigobl" has the right to speak his mind but IMHO he crossed the line with both feet, he simply went to far.
Robert Long

AlonsoN

« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2002, 09:26:48 am »

JimH:  My problem is that because y'all are not willing to state unequivocally what is being collected leaves me with the sinking feeling that you are now, intend in the future, or desire to leave open the possibility that MJ will commence to gather and transmit information that I may feel is private, without my knowledge or consent.

I mean Jim, say we turn the tables.  
-You buy my software, and learn to love it.
-Then you learn from an outside source that I've been rummaging through your files and phoning home what I found.
-You are incensed.  You have source code, business correspondence, and all manner of information you hold private there.  And you let the application through your firewall because you trusted it.
-When you ask what I've been doing, I say "None of your business, and I'm not going to tell you because I'm protecting my assets.  If you don't like it then goodbye."

Leaves you with a nice, warm fuzzy feeling, doesn't it?

As an aside I have to say that I'm a little embarrassed at some of the personal attacks and general flaming in this discussion.  We are all better than that. I think.  Well, maybe with the exception of Zevele, but he's been under some stress lately ;)

JimH

« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2002, 09:32:12 am »

> Then you learn from an outside source that I've been rummaging through your files and phoning home what I found.

If I knew you were looking for illegal cracks for your software, I don't see how I could object.  That's the only thing MJ does.  But you're a little innocent if you think we should provide the details.

> y'all are not willing to state unequivocally what is being collected

I just did say, and we've said exactly that several times.
Jim Hillegass
Pages: [1]   Go Up