INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature Requests: Beat Matching & Start & End Time Tags  (Read 1216 times)

suzieg

• Recent member
Feature Requests: Beat Matching & Start & End Time Tags
« on: April 12, 2009, 11:36:06 pm »

I love Media Center and I use it to teach 5Rhythms moving meditaiton classes.  I want to put in plug for two features requested in the past.  One is beat matching, a feature found in many DJ programs such as Traktor and Mixmeister.  However, they don't come close to MC in database capability which is far more important for what I am doing.

The second feature I would like to see added is a library tag that sets when an individual song will start and/or end so that I can omit portions of a song without actually editing the song which is what I do now.

Thanks for listening.
Suzie    :)

keither

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Feature Requests: Beat Matching & Start & End Time Tags
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2009, 09:28:10 pm »

I second the start-end times feature.  Even iTunes has it.

tunetyme

• Galactic Citizen
  • Have tunes will travel
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2009, 11:41:49 am »

Suzieg I agree that one of MC strongest features is their database.  That's why I chose it over several other software packages including Traktor and Mixmeister.  They do have some additional features that are designed toward building playlists which I would love to have.  I have posted a couple of "wish list items" such as the dual turn tables and harmonic mixing. 

You can do some beat matching by analyzing your audio.  Tools - Advanced Tools - Analyze Audio then add BPM "Beats Per Minute" to your listing and you can sort on that field. 

Beware that BPM has some flaws where there isn't a beat I usually get 142 BPM.

Tunetyme

keither

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2009, 11:43:43 am »

Hey guys - I started a single thread where people wanting DJ features could post.  If we all post in one place, it might be easier to demonstrate how much of a demand for this stuff there is.  :)

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=51551.0
Pages: [1]   Go Up