INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: file info for videoos in Theater View  (Read 1631 times)

gappie

• Citizen of the Universe
file info for videoos in Theater View
« on: April 26, 2009, 03:17:14 pm »

the file info panel for videos is missing some basic info imo. first of all there is duration. altought duration does not make sense for the files ripped with mc: ifo/vob, the other file formats gets a duration in the libary, and it seems like a nice thing to know.

an other thing missing is the last played and number plays, values you get in the info panel for images and audio, but not for video. is there a reason why they are not included for video.. seems like a nice thing to know to.

:)
gab

raym

• MC Beta Team
Re: file info for videoos in Theater View
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2009, 07:23:46 pm »

I agree and I think the best solution (as many others have proposed) is to allow us to choose what info is shown for each media type.

I'd hope this is possible without it being too complex to implement.
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

MrHaugen

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2009, 08:59:28 pm »

Bingo
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

evilhobo

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2009, 10:50:41 pm »

+1

it would also be nice to have the info panel display stuff whenever the item is selected, not just when the user presses enter with the item selected (or at least for this to be an option).

but i definately think that we should be able to choose what the info panel displays, and have it tied to theatre 'views' and/or file/media type.

clearplastic

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2009, 06:36:02 pm »

I was hoping to see info like surround sound info, subtitles, etc in there.

gappie

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2009, 05:08:56 pm »

yes, ofcourse it would be nice if it could be fully controled by the users. but when not, some basic info is missing, or actually, has been taken away, since it was in the old info panel, duration, year.. seems like so basic to see those for movies...

MrHaugen

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2009, 02:06:02 am »

Title, Plot, year, duration, genre, rating (stars), seen/not seen shout be on screen by default imo.
Costumization is an absolute must here as well I think; or there will be plenty of complaints and questions later on :)
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

)p(

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2009, 02:23:04 am »

Costumization is an absolute must here as well I think; or there will be plenty of complaints and questions later on :)

Indeed...lots of info that could be displayed here and in what order?...no way everyone is gonna be happy with one size fits all solution. I think just a list of fields to show could be enough. ie info panel = [name],[IMDBRating], [Duration], [Year], [Description]

Then maybe also add a fullscreen info screen...and let the diehards fully customize it an external xml skin file ;)

peter
Pages: [1]   Go Up