INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: register plugin on vista / windows 7 (without access to HKLM)  (Read 1910 times)

Messiahs

• Galactic Citizen

How is it possible to register an interface plugin, without having access to HKLM on Vista or Win 7 ?
I copied all my keys from registry entry HKLM (LocalMachine) to HKCU (CurrentUser), but the plugin isn't shown in MC.
Running Win XP the plugin is shown in the Plugin-Manager dialog (with entries on HKLM)...

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Farm Animal Stupid
Re: register plugin on vista / windows 7 (without access to HKLM)
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2009, 10:06:45 am »

You may need to look at using an actual installer that can be run as administrator and can set the permissions to the key for you so that your program can read and write to it as needed. I know that I've used Inno Setup in the past (just because that's what Mr ChriZ used in his template) and I never had to do anything special to get registry stuff working properly. It just worked. Just having users unzip a file into a folder location means they have to do all of this manually. In order to extract xpTunes into the Program Files folder, I have to actually run my unzip utility as administrator so that it can unzip the files into the Program Files folder. Otherwise I get an access denied message.
Pages: [1]   Go Up