INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Quirky Behavior in Find Music  (Read 560 times)

Harry The Hipster

Quirky Behavior in Find Music
« on: July 17, 2002, 01:03:17 am »

Noticed this in the last build or two - still running .329 ATM.

Go to  Find Music - insert artist=Charlie Parker. Often (not always) get a whole series of Charlies: Rouse, Barnet, Mingus, etc. Doesn't seem to filter by Charlie|PLS|Parker as artist name; picks up entries in Comment field as well.

Scroll to Charlie Parker>South of the Border, sort by album, Find Music retains focus. Highlight all album files, right click>Play. Playing Now view opens, and a long list of apparently unrelated files has been queued up.

Clear PN, return to FM, re-sort and re-select, proper files transferred to PN.

System Info:

Media Jukebox PLUS 8.0.329
Install Path: C:\Program Files\J River\Media Jukebox\

CPU: Intel Pentium II 450 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 163 MB, Free - 42 MB
Resource Info: System - 50 %, GDI - 64 %, User - 50 %

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2600.0000
ComCtl32.dll: 5.50.4807.2300
Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
Shell32.dll: 4.72.3812.600
wnaspi32.dll: 2, 0, 0, 0 , ASPI for WIN32 DLL, Copyright © Adaptec 1995
Aspi32.sys: N/A

Anyone else seeing this?

HTH

Listening to: 'Tico-Tico' from 'South Of The Border: The Verve Latin-Jazz Sides' by 'Charlie Parker' on Media Jukebox

shelly

RE:Quirky Behavior in Find Music
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2002, 04:27:18 am »

HTH,

I noticed the same behavior in the last build, but thought it was probably something that I wasn't doing right.  I wanted to find files with "jazz" in the location field and it returned songs with "jazz" in every field, including name, album, etc.

Shelly

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2002, 05:22:35 am »

I'm not sure if this could explain it, but anytime you have a multiple word search, you need to put it into quotes/brackets (see the help file for the difference)

So, does artist="Charlie Parker" work?

Thanks.

-Matt
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Harry The Hipster

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2002, 06:43:32 am »

<>

Yup. But you still ahve to watch the way the library re-sorts.

When you click on the album column (for instance) to re-sort by album, it appears that MJ retains focus on the highlighted file while slotting it with other files from the same album, but if you then scroll down the list of other album files and Ctrl|PLS|right click on the last file in the album, instead of just highlighting all the intervening files, it appears the focus shifts from the first file in the album group to the first file in the re-sorted library. So, when you go to PN, instead of finding that you've loaded 12 files, you've loaded 3170!

Hell of a playlist....

HTH

Listening to: 'Shuffle The Deck (w/ Gloria Co' by 'Nat Simpkins' on Media Jukebox
Pages: [1]   Go Up