INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 3 Quick Questions for a MC13 Newbie  (Read 1169 times)

fatcat

• Recent member
3 Quick Questions for a MC13 Newbie
« on: April 30, 2009, 03:49:18 pm »

I have three questions I hope are really easy to answer:

1)  I just downloaded MC13 on a fresh new computer and ripped about 5 albums using dBPoweramp to AIFF (I tested all of this out using MJ12 and it worked perfectly).  When I go to play the files I get some weird Real Player warning that I cannot play my music without downloading real player.  What is this?

2)  I can see all my tag info and artwork on the AIFF files I imported in the details view where all the files are listed out on the bottom hald of the screen, but for some reason when I go to the album views it says there are no files?

3)  Theater view is crashing MC13 and it cannot load, as well I can't get the 3d views to work (maybe this is due to #2 above?)

Thanks

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: 3 Quick Questions for a MC13 Newbie
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2009, 04:41:37 pm »

1) & 2)

For some reason MC13 didn't automatically find the same DirectShow filters that MJ12 uses.   
- Go to Options > File Types > Audio > AIFF
- Set the Playback Method setting to "JRiver audio engine (using DirectShow filter)"

Because of the above problem the already imported files have now wrong Media Type field value. You can find the files either under the Video category or under the Documents category.

To fix the latter you could do:

If you already have file data in MJ12 you can create a library backup file in MJ12 and restore it in MC13. (File > Library > Back Up Library / Restore Library). This will work if the filepaths you have in your MJ12 library are correct also for MC13. The restored library will contain all file data you have in MJ12 (the current MC13 data will be replaced.)

or

Fix the Media Type field values. You can find some instructions here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=50621 (check the last six replies or so).

or

Clear the library and reimport the files (File > Library > Clear Library). You may not want to do this because all file tags will be cleared.

3)

I don't know, but it could be a display driver issue. Theater View uses 3D graphics.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755
Pages: [1]   Go Up