INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Windows 7 x64 Enhanced Video Renderer Issues  (Read 12947 times)

nuke2000

Windows 7 x64 Enhanced Video Renderer Issues
« on: May 01, 2009, 10:34:53 am »

Hi there

I am having issues with video playback under theatre view. Apparently randomly i get the following message when playing video

'enhanced video renderer cannot be loaded on your system, video mixer renderer 9 is used instead' - ok to accept

A further MC13 error follows -

'Error starting direct3d engine (error creating direct3d device(0x8876086A))

It is not specific to certain files as same files play without this error on other occasions.

I have a fresh install of 7 (7077) and sharks windows 7 codec pack (latest version) installed

Any ideas?

Thanks

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Windows 7 x64 Enhanced Video Renderer Issues
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2009, 10:42:07 am »

Try updating your video driver.

I'm using Windows 7 x64 at home, and haven't had any EVR or 3D issues.  I'm using the beta Windows 7 drivers from nVidia.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

nuke2000

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2009, 11:22:28 am »

Hi there

Using the latest Nvidia drivers 185.81

Issue was present with stock windows 7 drivers also - any other ideas?

Cheers

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2009, 11:30:59 am »

I don't really have any other ideas. 

If we fail to create a Direct3D device, it means the hardware isn't working or is out of resources.  Are you on a video card with not a lot of video memory, or do you have other big 3D things running (other than Windows :P) that could be eating card resources?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

nuke2000

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2009, 11:38:06 am »

I don't really have any other ideas. 

If we fail to create a Direct3D device, it means the hardware isn't working or is out of resources.  Are you on a video card with not a lot of video memory, or do you have other big 3D things running (other than Windows :P) that could be eating card resources?

I have an 8600 512mb and my htpc is running the os and MC13 only  ?

***edit - I have also noticed when playing the next video in the playlist MC13 often stalls at the start of the video with the 'opening' message. These are regular mpeg's on a local drive and i have not had this issue before. Can only say for sure that this has been present in the last 2 builds on 7 x64 as i was running vista x64 with previous builds.

I am certain it is unrelated to the issue but out of interest what video codec pack do you recommend? I have always used shark's pack but perhaps you could suggest an alternative

GHammer

• MC Beta Team
  • Stereotypes are a real timesaver!
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2009, 09:10:53 pm »

If you are running build 7100 (and should be able to after tomorrow), what codecs are you looking for with an external codec pack?

nuke2000

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2009, 01:31:07 pm »

If you are running build 7100 (and should be able to after tomorrow), what codecs are you looking for with an external codec pack?

Hi Gham

I was running 7077 (have downloaded 7100 x64 and will be installing at weekend although i believe they are one and the same)

My vid collection is many and varied codec wise, so couldn't really specify codecs i require hence always plumping for the packs

jonny162

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2010, 04:16:03 pm »

Hey,

I'm also having this issue playing .avi files.  I am running MC14.0.161 build 7600 and have the XVid and DivX codecs.

My laptop is a Dell M1530 with an 8600GT graphics card with the latest Windows 7 64bit graphics driver.  I'm also running Windows 7 64bit on my desktop media centre and can run this .avi file without a hitch...

Update: I just installed the CCCP codecs and it added sound to the playback!  The only remaining issue is the error message from MC, and the fact that the video is skewed and not rendering correctly...  I'm guessing this can be fixed with some missing codecs - can anyone recommend some standard ones I could be missing?

Update 2: I've installed VLC player and it works fine.  Still the issue described above with MC however.  I'd love to get it working with MC if anyone has any suggestions?!

Thanks,

Jonny

Visth

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2010, 08:55:41 pm »

I searched the boards for a solution to this problem. This is the only post regarding this issue..

In between every song or video, it gives me this exact error... I have to click OK to continue and it just continues... Mind you, also in between every song, not just video's. Does anyone have a solution for this problem?

Pages: [1]   Go Up