INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Expression Language access, Theater View compatibility...  (Read 1598 times)

ThoBar

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Was confishy
Expression Language access, Theater View compatibility...
« on: May 05, 2009, 11:13:27 pm »

Is there a way to access, or set a field to access, MC's expression language?

Currently, setting a field to "=[genre]-[album]" results in literally that string.

I can see no other way of setting a field that would enable MC to interpret the string as an expression, or any way to request MC interpret the string for me (i.e. interperet the string, then let me work with the result)

Also, is it possible (will it be) to have dialogs show in a Theater View compatible manner - I guess this involves access to the internal MC dialog controls..? (Not hopeful here, but fishing anyway)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Expression Language access, Theater View compatibility...
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2009, 12:10:52 pm »

Is there a way to access, or set a field to access, MC's expression language?

Currently, setting a field to "=[genre]-[album]" results in literally that string.

I can see no other way of setting a field that would enable MC to interpret the string as an expression, or any way to request MC interpret the string for me (i.e. interperet the string, then let me work with the result)

There's no current way from the SDK.

Also, is it possible (will it be) to have dialogs show in a Theater View compatible manner - I guess this involves access to the internal MC dialog controls..? (Not hopeful here, but fishing anyway)

Not currently.

It would be nice to at least allow showing a JRiver style simple message box (yes/no, ok/cancel, etc.), which Theater View does hook.

It's tricky because our code is C++ interfaces but few third party developers program in C++.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

ThoBar

• Was confishy
Re: Expression Language access, Theater View compatibility...
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2009, 03:32:57 am »

No worries, consider these feature requests then ;)

An addition to the current reference(? - not sure of correct terminology yet) call would be ideal in both situations I would have thought.

... kinda like

IMJFieldsAutomation(.Interpret("someexpressionstring"))  for the expression,
and
 IMJAutomation(.ShowDialog()) for the dialogs. (Along the lines of MessageBox.Show("fkjsdhkf"); in C#)

Just my uneducated ideas :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up