INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Genre list issue in theaterview  (Read 1493 times)

)p(

• Citizen of the Universe
Genre list issue in theaterview
« on: May 10, 2009, 10:51:05 am »

I have a problem when using a genre field with multiple entries in theaterview

In standard view I have used this expression for audio en video genres without a problem:

Code: [Select]
clean([Genre])&DataType=[list]
When I do the same for theaterview something weird occurs:

When I have two genre items like these:

movie a genre = Drama; Comedy; Fantasy
movie b genre = Drama; Fantasy; Comedy

Then in standard view I get just one listing for Fantasy.

In theaterview I get the listing "Fantasy" when Fantasy is not the last item. When Fantasy is the last item it is listed as "Fantasy..." ie

Fantasy [lineup includes movie b]
Fantasy...  [lineup includes movie a]

peter

gappie

Re: Genre list issue in theaterview
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2009, 10:34:34 am »

i did try to reproduce it, but could not find how.. in your example, does it also happen for comedy?

:)
gab

)p(

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2009, 11:32:58 am »

Yes if it is the last item. Above are just examples I created for this thread...not real examples from my library though.

I just noticed it does not happen with my audio genres only the video genres. When I look at the genre field they look ok..and show up as expected in standard view. The only difference is that the movies genres have been imported from pvd...but I have no clue how that could matter?

And thanks for trying to reproduce my problem!  :)

peter

)p(

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2009, 02:25:08 am »

Ok I cleared my movies root and made a new one under a different name and now it works correctly.

I think the problem is the way I share the library. I have it setup on a shared drive on the server that all mc instances on different pc's access through the same drive letter. This works mostly ok. But I do see some strange things occasionally. For example when I setup a view item for theater view on the desktop pc it sometimes shows up in the theater view on the theater room htpc. Looks like some things are pulled from the shared library folder and some things from the local mc install. Just speculating...anyway it looks that I can find my way around this with some trial and error in careful renaming the view items ;)

peter

gappie

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2009, 03:27:59 am »

yes, a part of the thv views are in the library. but i think the excistence of the views (if they show up in thv) are stored in the registry. so when you make a new root view on one machine with several items, it does not show up on an other machine until that view is added on that machine, or that is what happened when i was playing around with it, could give interesting results when different machines could write to the lib, or when moving the lib to an other machine. but maybe that recently changed.

:)
gab

)p(

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2009, 10:14:36 am »

Actually I just found the issue...and its a bit embarrassing for me...I had an additional <enter> after the expression...not sure why that would give the above difference between theater and standard view...but it was my mistake for sure ;)

Anyway...all movie info is now imported from pvd into mc and I have setup all my filters to take advantage of that for theater view...so me very happy... :)

peter
Pages: [1]   Go Up