INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Positive results with the ESI MAYA44 PCI Audio Card.  (Read 4139 times)

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Positive results with the ESI MAYA44 PCI Audio Card.
« on: May 10, 2009, 06:31:26 pm »

For those looking trying to decide what audio card to use with MC, I thought I'd post my latest discovery.

After a LOT of problems with my m-audio delta audio card running on XP MCE 2005 (MCE disabled and using MC13) on a quad core system with audio drop outs, and not wanting to use the gigabyte onboard offering that resamples everything to 48K,  I just purchased an esi-audio MAYA44 PCI card and it's working perfectly!

There is also a PCIe version which is great news for those with limited PCI slots.

The card has its own ASIO drivers, worked without any problems and sounds just as good as the m-audio delta (when it was working). 

It auto switches the clock rate to match the source (or you can lock it) so it doesn't resample everything to 48K like a lot of cards/motherboards.

So if anybody is looking for a good quality card with good drivers, that doesn't cost a fortune and works with MC check out ESI's offerings.

MAYA44 Features
Supports up to 24-bit / 192kHz output and 96kHz input
4 analog input and 4 analog output channels
4-in / 4-out full duplex recording and playback
balanced microphone input with +48V phantom power
headphone output with gain control
unbalanced stereo line input (1~2) can be switched to balanced mono microphone input
optical and coaxial (S/PDIF) digital output
optional MIDI I/O via MI/ODI/O extension
optional S/PDIF digital input via MI/ODI/O ext.
3.3V / 5V compatible PCI card
EWDM driver: MME, DirectSound, ASIO 2.0 and GSIF 2.0 support
Windows Vista/XP/2000 and Mac OS X compatible

http://www.esi-audio.com/

Richard
Pages: [1]   Go Up