INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sony Ericsson Walkman Sync experience  (Read 2789 times)

sunfire7

• Citizen of the Universe
Sony Ericsson Walkman Sync experience
« on: May 15, 2009, 08:27:21 pm »

Hello !

First I want to thank the developers of MC, i use mc 13 and is one of the best players out there !

im here to talk about the sync experience that i have with my sony ericsson walkman phone (A2 plataform):

Advantages:

1.- It detects and handle as portable device very well
2.- Music sync & transcode from flac to mp3 is excellent, cover art is shown when i play the transcoded synced files and all is ok!
3.- Photo sync is also great, and no errors.
4.- When the re-sync times comes, it shows correctly the files already in the device and the new files to transfer, all OK.

Issues:

1.- MC sync the downloaded podcasts to the device well, but it does as if it were normal music, sony ericsson phones have a special folder called "Podcast" and allow some special operation to the files in there, so would be nice an option to sync podcast to a custom folder on the portable device . Definetly semc users will be grateful.

2.- My library is mainly on flac, mp3's (wich i cant find on flac) and some m4a's from itunes store.  I use direct show filter to play and convert the m4a files, but no cover art support in the final transcoded synced file.

3.- Photo Sync is properly done if i sync without any resize option applied. (the phone in this case can handle the photos by its tags and keywords) but if i select any jpg resize option the phone cant handle the pic anymore. (it can play the pic but cant browse it by its tags)

Questions:

1.- I see the option to transcode & sync files with an external encoder, i want to use nero aac, since i think aac vbr files are better quality than mp3's, but my guess is that resultant files will be coverart-less and maybe with any metadata.   Any Advanced user who can help me here?

2.- Why MC dont use its own aac decoder engine like winamp or other players do?

--
Well thanks for read !! i appreciate any help =D

PS. Im available for testing if you need !
Happy licensed MC 15-19 User :)
Mac version early bird
My english is not perfect! My native lang is spanish

sunfire7

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Sony Ericsson Walkman Sync experience
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2009, 12:24:35 pm »

well, 6 months and some builds later, here is the update of the issues:

Issues:

1.- MC sync the downloaded podcasts to the device well, but it does as if it were normal music, sony ericsson phones have a special folder called "Podcast" and allow some special operation to the files in there, so would be nice an option to sync podcast to a custom folder on the portable device . Definetly semc users will be grateful.

--> also requested on this topic http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=44162.0

2.- My library is mainly on flac, mp3's (wich i cant find on flac) and some m4a's from itunes store.  I use direct show filter to play and convert the m4a files, but no cover art support in the final transcoded synced file. 

--> Now possible by a workaround with external encoder, requested here http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=51978.0 and solved by devs.

3.- Photo Sync is properly done if i sync without any resize option applied. (the phone in this case can handle the photos by its tags and keywords) but if i select any jpg resize option the phone cant handle the pic anymore. (it can play the pic but cant browse it by its tags) 

--> I didnt tried on new builds

new:

4.- Player cant handle cover art with file size is above 100kb, so a "cover art resize" when sync would be a nice option, also requested in this topic: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=53908.0

5.- When sync using an external encoder, some of the times mc makes wrong space calcs (see here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=54410.msg370840)
Happy licensed MC 15-19 User :)
Mac version early bird
My english is not perfect! My native lang is spanish
Pages: [1]   Go Up