INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: External audio tracks  (Read 1551 times)

audunth

• Citizen of the Universe
External audio tracks
« on: May 24, 2009, 05:58:00 am »

Hi!

I have some video files with external flac audio tracks. How do I play the video with the external audio track instead of the audio inside the video file? Is it supported in MC 12/13? Or do I have to mux the audio into the video file or use another media player?

Regards,
Audun
Cheers,
Audun

My system:
ASUS  P8Z68 V-PRO/GEN3, 8GB RAM, Core i5-2500K
EVGA Nvidia GTX 970 SSC, 4GB RAM
Antec P180 case w/Seasonic X460 fanless PSU, water cooled by Zalman Reserator 1+ w/extra DDC pump
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Sony VPL-HW30ES 3D projector
Yamaha RX-V3900 receiver and custom built 2Ch power amp for front/stereo speakers
Klipsch Reference/SVS 7.1 speaker system
Always running the latest available version of MC

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: External audio tracks
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2009, 09:53:19 pm »

I've never heard of this before.  If you have a DirectShow filter that understands side-car audio files it would work with Media Center as long as you told Media Center to use that filter.

I'm not much help as to whether any video demuxing filters understand side-car audio though.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

audunth

Re: External audio tracks
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2009, 07:51:43 pm »

Hmm...I know Zoomplayer supports it, but there's a setting in Zoomplayer's options, not in any of the filters that I know of. When activated, Zoomplayer will simply look for a file with the same filename as the video file (except the extension ofcourse) within the same directory or a specified directory for external audio tracks. Was just wondering if MC had a similar setting, or may have in the future.

Regards,
Audun
Cheers,
Audun

My system:
ASUS  P8Z68 V-PRO/GEN3, 8GB RAM, Core i5-2500K
EVGA Nvidia GTX 970 SSC, 4GB RAM
Antec P180 case w/Seasonic X460 fanless PSU, water cooled by Zalman Reserator 1+ w/extra DDC pump
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Sony VPL-HW30ES 3D projector
Yamaha RX-V3900 receiver and custom built 2Ch power amp for front/stereo speakers
Klipsch Reference/SVS 7.1 speaker system
Always running the latest available version of MC
Pages: [1]   Go Up