INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New 13 & 14 Functionality?  (Read 1613 times)

AustinBike

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
New 13 & 14 Functionality?
« on: May 26, 2009, 07:14:36 pm »

I really only use MC with Tivo.  Any changes that would make it worthwhile to update to 13 or 14? 

Unfortunately I have to use itunes so that I can use genius on my ipod.  If I could get genius data through MC I'd be solidly back.

ronhaha108

Re: New 13 & 14 Functionality?
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2009, 07:30:45 pm »

I'm in the same boat, I only use MC with tivo but it looks like no new features have been added in a while to the tivo plugin...  hoping that more time will be spent on updating the tivo plugin in mc14.

ronhaha108

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2009, 07:32:51 pm »

btw, I have been using 13, no newer features in 13 (that I can see) from 12...

steveklein

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2009, 01:33:31 pm »

the two biggest changes, imo, between mc12 and mc13 are the improvements in tv capture (it was basically unuseable before MC13; now it is poised to give software like Beyond TV, Sage, and GBPVR a run for their money.... though I still think it's a bit behind Tivo DVR's. The other big improvement is in theater view. Much prettier. More functional. Easier to use. Just big improvements all around in those two areas.

Don't know anything about the Tivo plugin and its development though...

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2009, 01:38:03 pm »

No changes for TiVo.

Here are some of the MC13 features.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2009, 02:20:49 pm »

AFAIK, the servers did not practically change in MC13, but it has lots of new and bettered small things under the hood.

Personally, I didn't upgrade my main "production" database (which we use on our home LAN) from MC11.1 to MC12 during the two year development cycle of MC12 -- despite the fact that I installed and beta tested about five hundred MC12 builds. I installed many of the tested builds on more than one PC so the total number of installs was actually more. In general, I liked MC12, but it had always a few small things here and there that were not quite right for me and I always postponed the move. Most of these things were fixed or bettered in MC13 and it is now my preferred version.

A link to the complete MC13 change log is in my signature.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755
Pages: [1]   Go Up