INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problems with licensing  (Read 1921 times)

rovingeyes

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Problems with licensing
« on: May 26, 2009, 05:32:47 pm »

[ EDIT by JimH -- this thread is a response to a special price offer.  Details are here.  If you need general help with licensing, please try this page. ]

So I purchased the upgrade to MC13 license with the special (where you get MC14 license too) and when I try to install the license in the MC13 v13.0.170 the IE page throws an "internal server error". I get the license successfully installed popup, but when I go to check the registration info it says that it is still unregistered. What am I doing wrong?

nickolsj

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
Re: Problems with licensing
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2009, 12:19:11 am »

Just upgraded from 12 to 13.170. When trying to install license, it says it was successful and then opens a bad link to here: http://rover.jriver.com/cgi-bin/install.cgi?x=126665 in IE giving me an internal server error (500).  I check "help>registration info..." and it still says i am unregistered.  Does this have to do with the server error and will work once the server error is resolved? 

i upgraded because of the incentive to get 14 for free and want to make sure that i get credit to upgrade when it becomes available.  the license provided to me after registration is: Media Center14-126665.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2009, 06:30:52 am »

Thanks for the purchase.

We're aware of the server problem and are working on it.  It's ugly but harmless.

Your v14 license is valid and the program will run with it.  Build 170 doesn't show a v14 license in the 'Registration Info' dialog.  We'll put out a build 171 soon that addresses this because it's confusing.

Thanks again.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

JasonJoel

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2009, 06:38:26 am »

Some other people (myself included) are having that same problem. License key won't register the product... Get a dialog saying it did work, then an IE page saying internal server error...

Hopefully someone from JR will look into this when they get int the office later.

Jason

So I purchased the upgrade to MC13 license with the special (where you get MC14 license too) and when I try to install the license in the MC13 v13.0.170 the IE page throws an "internal server error". I get the license successfully installed popup, but when I go to check the registration info it says that it is still unregistered. What am I doing wrong?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2009, 06:40:22 am »

Some other people (myself included) are having that same problem. License key won't register the product... Get a dialog saying it did work, then an IE page saying internal server error...

Hopefully someone from JR will look into this when they get int the office later.

Jason

Please see the response in this thread:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=52104.0

Thanks for purchasing.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2009, 06:45:37 am »

Build 171 here fixes the case where v14 license information wasn't shown in the registration information dialog:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=52110.0

rovingeyes

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2009, 12:47:47 pm »

Thanks 171 fixed the issue  :)

tonse

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2009, 02:43:51 pm »

wow, OK, a deadline is a deadline. but.................... I purchased a mc13 license on june 30 2009. That's three days before i would have got a license that included a license for  MC14. Does this really mean that i have to buy a 24$ upgrade license???
Pages: [1]   Go Up