INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Prevent Importing Music From Going Down  (Read 1251 times)

AlonsoN

Prevent Importing Music From Going Down
« on: July 15, 2002, 12:03:58 pm »

Is it possible to prevent the Import Music function from searching below the designated folder?  And if not should it be?

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
RE:Prevent Importing Music From Going Down
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2002, 12:12:18 pm »

The Import Fuction.

One Option I Use Allot.

It Would Be Nice To Exempt Folders. I Did Manage To Get Them To Not Search The Recycle Bin In MJ8.

:-)
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Charlemagne 8

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2002, 04:43:35 pm »

I keep everything in various subdirectories under a "Music" directory. Import only looks at the C:\music\ directory and everything below it. It never goes anywhere else. And I only had to select which directory to look at once. MJ has never strayed from the path. Oh, I am so punny.
I have had to reconstruct my directory structure several times for everything to work together.

What would be nice would be the ability to create subdirectories from within MJ "Copy/Move".

If my reply is too simplistic and it's obvious that I haven't a clue what the problem is, please ignore me.

CVIII
That's right.
I'm cool.

JimH

• Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2002, 05:11:49 pm »

There is also a little button for "Browse".  It has 3 dots on it.  I think it's a weak icon, but it's supposed to be a Windows standard now.  Try using it and specifying your music directory.
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

shelly

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2002, 05:12:37 pm »

Charlemagne,

What would be nice would be the ability to create subdirectories from within MJ "Copy/Move".

Select copy/move and type in the name of your new folder.  MJ will ask if you want to create the new folder and then moves or copies your files into the new folder.  

Listening to: '[Jazz] JazzRadio.Net - Mainstream Jazz, 24/7 from JazzRadio Berlin, That`s Cool! - Powered by I/P/B/ - www.ipb.de -' on Media Jukebox.

Shelly

Charlemagne 8

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2002, 05:48:14 pm »

Shelly,
Thanks.
From now on, I'll try something before I start complaining that it doesn't work.
CVIII

Listening to: 'I'll Be Seeing You' from 'This One's From The Heart' by 'James Darren' on Media Jukebox (You know, the Star Trek Hollow Suite dude)
That's right.
I'm cool.

AlonsoN

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2002, 08:26:26 pm »

Not sure, but on the off chance that my point needs belaboring...

I want to be able to specify a folder and tell MJ NOT to look at the folders under it.  This would be enabled with a "Do Not Search Below This Folder" check box.

Sometimes the world is just not set up the way you would like, and you want to be able to adjust, you know?
Pages: [1]   Go Up