INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Play Radio" - a bug and a request  (Read 1382 times)

Eccles

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Mostly harmless.
"Play Radio" - a bug and a request
« on: May 28, 2009, 10:41:38 am »

First the request: can we please have a keyboard shortcut for Play Radio?  I use this feature almost every day when I just want a good selection of background music while I work - it's perfect for that.  But I'm a firm believer in keyboard shortcuts, which make often-repeated tasks very much faster than waving the rodent around searching for a little button on a big screen, so a shortcut for Play Radio would be greatly appreciated.

Which brings me to the bug...

When you click Play Radio, the Radio dialog box appears, with the Play button highlighted.  The universal Windows paradigm dictates that hitting Enter at that point should therefore select Play, but no, hitting Enter takes me into the Edit Search dialog as if I had clicked the (non-highlighted) Edit Radio Files button instead.

This only happens if you hit Enter immediately after the Radio dialog appears - if you switch focus away from MC and back again, or if you hit Tab several times to bring the highlight back to the Play button, then hitting Enter does indeed select Play as it should.

This is not a new bug - it's been present ever since I started using Play Radio, so it may have been present ever since that feature first appeared.  I've never bothered to report it until now, blindly hoping that each new release would bring with it a fix.  But perhaps I'm the only person who prefers the keyboard to the mouse, so I thought I'd get it out in the open where (hopefully) it can get fixed.

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: "Play Radio" - a bug and a request
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2009, 02:24:16 pm »

Another option here is to create your own keyboard shortcut in the resource.xml file.

Edit:
Better instructions, DOH!

Browse to "<MC install directory>\Data\
Create a new folder in the Data folder called "Custom Resources"
Create a new text file in the Custom resources folder called "Resource.xml"
Open this file in a text editor, and paste the following text:

Code: [Select]
  <MJRS version="1.0">

<ACCELERATORS>

<!-- Global shortcuts -->
    <Entry Key="Ctrl;Alt;R" Command="10047" Param="1" Global="1" />

</ACCELERATORS>

</MJRS>

Then save the changes and launch MC. Pressing Ctrl+Alt+R should begin radio playback, and now, the shortcut will be protected across different MC installations.
This will be a global shortcut, meaning that it will still work if MC does not have focus.

-marko.

Eccles

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Mostly harmless.
Re: "Play Radio" - a bug and a request
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2009, 05:13:04 pm »

Another option here is to create your own keyboard shortcut in the resource.xml file.
[snip]
Then save the changes and launch MC. Pressing Ctrl+Alt+R should begin radio playback, and now, the shortcut will be protected across different MC installations.
This will be a global shortcut, meaning that it will still work if MC does not have focus.

Marko, you are The Man.  Works like a charm - thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up