INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Chinese songs showing as incorrect characters  (Read 5126 times)

jacky

• World Citizen
Chinese songs showing as incorrect characters
« on: June 09, 2009, 02:22:03 am »

I recently moved from Windows XP to Vista x64.  I was using MC13 in Windows XP and imported CUE files into the library successfully with all the chinese characters showing properly in MC13. 

Once I moved to Vista x64, and imported the CUE files with Chinese titles but all the chinese characters displayed incorrectly. 

Even changing the "system locale" in Regional and Language Options, after the importation did not solve the problem. 

The solution I found was to set the "system locale" to the necessary type FIRST and then run import in MC13. 

If imported with the incorrect "system locale" settings, the library has to be cleared and importation run with after "system locale" is correctly set.

leezer3

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Chinese songs showing as incorrect characters
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2009, 02:31:48 pm »

I've never seen this before, and I have plenty of files with unicode in the filenames, although no CUE files.
My best guess would be that the CUE files themselves aren't actually saved as unicode, but rather using a Chinese specific character encoding, which is messing up with the locale set to a Western charset.
This is the only other resource I can find on the subject, may be of use to you-
http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/lofiversion/index.php/t32169.html

Cheers

-Leezer-

aguilaez

Crash when typing Chine characters
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2010, 11:10:42 pm »

Version 15.0.58

Media Center crashes and exits when typing Chinese using MS built-in IME. This happens when I edit info in the tag.
Pages: [1]   Go Up