INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Next Possibility... Ebook, Pdf, .Cbr reader? Poll? Ideas?  (Read 2504 times)

HTPC4ME

• Citizen of the Universe
  • LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!
Next Possibility... Ebook, Pdf, .Cbr reader? Poll? Ideas?
« on: June 12, 2009, 02:55:25 am »

thought i would start a new topic on ebook,pdf, .cbr reader built into JRiver

what i'd like to see if possible, is a way for us to import all our pdf's, ebooks, .cbr files and with jriver's Elite playlist, search database skills. be able to make libraries of the ebooks, pdf's, .cbr's i \ we have the ultimate player\ sorter \Viewer for music vids pics. It Would be sweet to be able to view all of our pdf, ebooks, .cbr's with in jriver to!

Especially with the awesome zoom slider feature thats built in we could open up one of our libraries.. example mad magazine.... and be able to see all covers and click on one and it would open in the playing now in the customized view we have chosen\edited to our liking.. example one page, 2 pages (like a Book) and in the playing now maybe popup arrows where if you moved your mouse to the right side of the book\display view, a arrow would popup that you could click and it would turn the page for you. and the same when you would click on the left side, the page would go backwards. 
(like the comic rack software i've mentioned before) ( i will post the link for them for you to research, if its not appropriate for the forum please feel free to edit it out.)  ( http://comicrack.cyolito.com/ ) and maybe more usefull knowledge to help out, comicracks plugin\script to help read pdf's ( http://comicrack.cyolito.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=13&Itemid=21 ,

all of these i know seem like alot of features to add. but i think it would be a big jump above the rest of the media players out there for jriver.

After all we are entering the smartphone, tablet, kindle , slim flat panel era. and in time we won't be getting newspapers or magazines anymore. they will all be downloaded wireless from our favorite memberships\blogs\ feeds\ collections etc to our media players\servers\ tablets. And Last but not least. It would give us one less program to have to manage\install learn\updates\backup etc...

Any opinions? suggestions? ideas?

Ty for The Chance to express my wishes and opinion.

darichman

• MC Beta Team
Re: Next Possibility... Ebook, Pdf, .Cbr reader? Poll? Ideas?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2009, 06:16:17 am »

I have comics in cbr format imported into MC, but they just open in an external program at the moment (I use CDisplay). Some inbuilt architecture might be interesting.
I think it would be cool if MC could read PDFs and maybe CBRs (which are really just zip files with images in them anyway).

The functionality you mention in ComicRack might be possible with some extensions to theatre view. We are hoping for something along the lines of this for movies and TV series, so why not eBooks and comics?

dcwebman

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2009, 06:13:15 pm »

I would love better PDF support. After all, since you can create slideshows of photos in PDF files, it is media. Just think a Paperport replacement at least for organizing/viewing.
Jeff

toomanybarts

• World Citizen
  • I might be a porcupine.
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2009, 01:42:28 am »

I asked this back in April - still want it!

rjm

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2009, 01:59:16 am »

I manage over 7000 pdf files with MC. I am very satisifed with MC, especially since I switched to Foxit which allows multiple pdf's open at the same time. I make heavy use of MC's Send to External feature for opening bunches of pdf's.

The only thing missing, in my opinion, are thumbnails generated from the first page of the pdf.

If you are proposing a built-in reader within MC, I suspect this would be a mistake. Adobe's been trying for years to get it right and still delivers a piece of junk.

HTPC4ME

• LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2009, 11:40:36 am »

now that i have fully upgraded to 14 and LOVING it more then any of the previous versions...  Is this on the drawing block by any chance? still would love to have all my pdf's and .cbrs in jriver to view and see thumbs of them... ty.
Pages: [1]   Go Up