INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Double Album entries  (Read 4109 times)

jacky

• World Citizen
Double Album entries
« on: June 13, 2009, 10:50:58 pm »

Some albums are showing up as double, each with a number of tracks.  Why is this happening?

http://www.pix01.com/gallery/C2105C1C-22ED-46EC-8004-0D5757D69543/mc13/

jacky

• World Citizen
Re: Double Album entries
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2009, 11:19:12 pm »

in case more info is needed:

here is the cue file:
PERFORMER "Phil Collins"
TITLE "Love Songs:A Compilation Old And New Disc2"
FILE "CDImage.ape" WAVE
  TRACK 01 AUDIO
    TITLE "TESTIFY"
    PERFORMER "Phil Collins"
    INDEX 01 00:00:00
  TRACK 02 AUDIO
    TITLE "TRUE COLOURS(live)"
    PERFORMER "Phil Collins"
    INDEX 00 06:32:65
    INDEX 01 06:32:70
  TRACK 03 AUDIO
    TITLE "YOU'LL BE IN MY HEART"
    PERFORMER "Phil Collins"
    INDEX 00 12:05:14
    INDEX 01 12:05:40
  TRACK 04 AUDIO
    TITLE "IF LEAVING ME IS EASY"
    PERFORMER "Phil Collins"
    INDEX 00 16:24:28
    INDEX 01 16:24:31
  TRACK 05 AUDIO
    TITLE "I'VE BEEN TRYING"
    PERFORMER "Phil Collins"
    INDEX 00 21:18:56
    INDEX 01 21:19:06
  TRACK 06 AUDIO
    TITLE "I'VE FORGOTTEN EVERYTHING"
    PERFORMER "Phil Collins"
    INDEX 00 26:19:19
    INDEX 01 26:19:24
  TRACK 07 AUDIO
    TITLE "SOMEWHERE"
    PERFORMER "Phil Collins"
    INDEX 00 30:55:33
    INDEX 01 30:55:35
  TRACK 08 AUDIO
    TITLE "LEAST YOU CAN DO"
    PERFORMER "Phil Collins"
    INDEX 00 34:57:22
    INDEX 01 34:57:24
  TRACK 09 AUDIO
    TITLE "TWO HEARTS"
    PERFORMER "Phil Collins"
    INDEX 01 40:04:58
  TRACK 10 AUDIO
    TITLE "SEPARATE LIVES(live)"
    PERFORMER "Phil Collins"
    INDEX 00 43:29:07
    INDEX 01 43:29:12
  TRACK 11 AUDIO
    TITLE "MY GIRL(live)"
    PERFORMER "Phil Collins"
    INDEX 00 48:43:66
    INDEX 01 48:44:13
  TRACK 12 AUDIO
    TITLE "ALWAYS(live)"
    PERFORMER "Phil Collins"
    INDEX 00 52:27:16
    INDEX 01 52:27:38
  TRACK 13 AUDIO
    TITLE "THE WAY YOU LOOK TONIGHT(live)"
    PERFORMER "Phil Collins"
    INDEX 00 56:58:71
    INDEX 01 56:59:18

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2009, 07:51:52 am »

Are you using the latest build?

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2009, 08:37:59 am »

Your cue sheet looks normal and works fine when it is tested with another ape audio file.

The screenshot could possibly have helped if the filenames were visible and also the other library fields that have values (if any). Have you tagged any other fields in addition to the info MC imported by reading the cue file?

What are the exact exact settings in customize view? Is it just set to group by albums or have you configured it otherwise?

Does it show up as two separate albums also in the top part of the display? (When viewed as album thumbnails or an album list in panes.)
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

jacky

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2009, 11:52:09 am »

(all tags with values are shown)

http://www.pix01.com/gallery/C2105C1C-22ED-46EC-8004-0D5757D69543/double_album/#

Version : Media Center 13.0.171

Albums also show as double in the Album Thumbnails view if I leave "Use parent rules for file display".  On the contrary, if I deselect "Use parent rules for file display" the albums show as one, but is still separated in the file listings, as seen in the screen shots.  

I may have pin-pointed the reason why:

1. Assume "Use parent rules for file display" is deselected, so inheritance is a non-variable  

2a. When  "Set rules for file display" > Rule 1 is set to [Media Type] [is] [Audio],
--In Album Thumbnails, I get album(x) listed twice with it's songs split up between the two album listings(as shown in the screen shot)

2b.  When "Set rules for file display" >Rule 1 is DELETED,
--In Album Thumbnails, I get album(x) showing up once (good!) but in the file listings of Album(x) the songs are still split up (as seen in the screenshots)

Hence my guess is MC13 is confusing some media types, thinks there are 2 types of files in the same album.

P.S.  I should add that some albums are hidden (re-sequenced) when the [Media Type] [is] [audio] rule is added.  This rule seems to be filtering irrelevant things. Correction: The rule seems to be re-sequencing the Album listings in Album Thumbnails. See: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=52487.0

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2009, 12:34:59 pm »

I think the grouping system is not working as expected for some reason. The problem must somehow be related to your library data or settings because I can't reproduce the problem simply by importing your cue sheet.

You didn't show how the Grouping setting is set in Customize View for the bottom part of the screen. I attached a screenshot that shows how you can access the Grouping setting.

(Only registered users who are logged in to the forum can see attachments.)
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

jacky

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2009, 12:46:46 pm »

thanks for the pointer.  :)

Here's the screen shot with Group by shown:

http://www.pix01.com/gallery/C2105C1C-22ED-46EC-8004-0D5757D69543/group_by_shown/

jacky

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2009, 01:17:42 pm »

I believe I may have found the bug.  It's weird, and I don't understand it.  

The two GroupBy Album settings yield different results:

The easy to access Album in Group By is activated and the songs from the album are separated

The Album setting inside the "more" menu is selected, and the songs are together as they should be.

http://www.pix01.com/gallery/C2105C1C-22ED-46EC-8004-0D5757D69543/groupby_album_diff/#
? :-X

jacky

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2009, 01:50:48 pm »

Alas, the bug I can not yet find a work around for is when Album Thumbnail view and [Media Type] [is] [audio] is both selected.

The album is shown twice in the album thumbnail as shown in the screen shot below.
(Love Songs:A Compilation Old And New Disc1) and (Love Songs:A Compilation Old And New Disc2) are both shown twice, each with a number of songs split between them.

This is a problem because I need to use [Media Type]=[Audio] once I start importing videos and pictures.  No one wants pictures, videos and etc together with their music albums.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2009, 01:56:54 pm »

Check the values of the Album Artist field. Most likely only some of the tracks have an Album Artist value or you have two different Album Artist values. If the Album Artist field is used all album tracks must have the same value.

Apparently the grouping header in file lists gets its "artist" part from the Artist field (= track artist) and thus doesn't indicate a conflicting Album Artist value inside a single Album.

As a test, I tagged a test album partially with Album Artist values. The result was similar to what you have explained. See the attached screenshot.

To understand the clever and very useful automatic Album Artist system, please check the following links:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=52306.msg357095#msg357095
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=52273.msg356690#msg356690
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=33255

jacky

• World Citizen
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2009, 02:15:52 pm »

Good work in finding the reasoning behind this.  ;)

I found that the album artists are indeed different.  They are completely different, not a single word is the same.

Would it be possible to get MC13 to stop differentiating by Album Artist? Just sort by Album Name ONLY? 

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2009, 02:41:35 pm »

Good work in finding the reasoning behind this.  ;)

I found that the album artists are indeed different.  They are completely different, not a single word is the same.

I wonder where the tag values came from. You didn't say that you have tagged the files even though I specifically asked that. The cue sheet you posted cannot add varying album artist values.

You can easily remove the values if you don't need them. Just select all audio files and remove the value in Action Window > Tag > Album Artist (you can set it to show the fields that have values) or in the Album Artist column if you added it to a list view.

Would it be possible to get MC13 to stop differentiating by Album Artist? Just sort by Album Name ONLY?

You actually set it so when you did the following: "The Album setting inside the "more" menu is selected, and the songs are together as they should be."

The defult Album setting uses the built-in Album Artist/Album logic.

jacky

• World Citizen
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2009, 02:50:47 pm »

Yes, I didn't insert any tags at all.  Does MC13 find extra tags and insert them automatically from the internet?  

Deleting all the album artist tags from all the songs to fix this problem sounds a little crude tho.

I still have the problem in Album Thumbnail view.  

The album is shown twice in the album thumbnail as shown in the screen shot below.
(Love Songs:A Compilation Old And New Disc1) and (Love Songs:A Compilation Old And New Disc2) are both shown twice, each with a number of songs split between them.

This is when the rule : [Media Type]=[Audio] is set.

Now, if I set the [Media Type]=[Audio],[Image]
I get each album listing only once:

http://www.pix01.com/gallery/C2105C1C-22ED-46EC-8004-0D5757D69543/mediatype_music_and_image/

This is a problem because I need to use [Media Type]=[Audio] once I start importing videos and pictures.  No one wants pictures, videos and etc together with their music albums.

I am royally confused, what does image have to do with these albums?  ?

jacky

• World Citizen
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2009, 03:12:17 pm »

Setting the Rules to [File Type]=[jpg],[ape]

also yields in NO album listing as duplicates across different Album Artists:

It seems like adding a picture type format (ie: jpg) disables the "built-in Album Artist/Album logic"

Is there a way to disable the "built-in Album Artist/Album logic" without using jpg in the rules?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2009, 03:25:19 pm »

jacky,
When you post your screenshots, please make them non public.  Everything will work.  You'll still be able to post here.  They just won't appear on the pix01 home page.

Thanks.

jacky

• World Citizen
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2009, 03:29:46 pm »

jacky,
When you post your screenshots, please make them non public.  Everything will work.  You'll still be able to post here.  They just won't appear on the pix01 home page.

Thanks.

thanks for the tip.  I've unchecked all of them now.  sorry for the inconvenience.  :)

I had no idea I was flooding the beautiful front page of pix01.com all that time!  ;D

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2009, 03:32:14 pm »

Thank you.

Eventually, I'd like to add a way to do automatic screenshots and keep them separate from pix01.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2009, 03:34:26 pm »

Yes, I didn't insert any tags at all.  Does MC13 find extra tags and insert them automatically from the internet?

Not automatically and never the Album Artist tag. (MC has the "Lookup Track Info From YADB" tool in the "Library Tools" menu.)

Deleting all the album artist tags from all the songs to fix this problem sounds a little crude tho.

If you want to use the Album Artist field with other albums it might be better to have it correctly set everywhere. Naturally you can fix only the affected albums.

I still have the problem in Album Thumbnail view.  

This is when the rule : [Media Type]=[Audio] is set.

Now, if I set the [Media Type]=[Audio],[Image]
I get each album listing only once:

This is a problem because I need to use [Media Type]=[Audio] once I start importing videos and pictures.  No one wants pictures, videos and etc together with their music albums.

I am royally confused, what does image have to do with these albums?...

... Setting the Rules to [File Type]=[jpg],[ape]

also yields in NO album listing as duplicates across different Album Artists:

It seems like adding a picture type format (ie: jpg) disables the "built-in Album Artist/Album logic"

Is there a way to disable the "built-in Album Artist/Album logic" without using jpg in the rules?

I think that in the top split the automatic "Album Artist / Album" parser works only in the audio section. Apparently including another media type in a view disables the function.

If you really want to keep the inconsistent tags you can create a custom album field and use it in the view settings. See the attached screenshots:

1. Create a calculated field that is set to display whatever you have in the album field.
2. Replace the album field with this new field in your view settings.

jacky

• World Citizen
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2009, 03:55:36 pm »

Not automatically and never the Album Artist tag. (MC has the "Lookup Track Info From YADB" tool in the "Library Tools" menu.)

If MC13 doesn't update tags automatically, then I am baffled as to how all the tags in my other CUEs now have good tags added to them.  All I did was use auto-import.   That doesn't matter, the tags seem correct enough  ;D

Thanks again for the tip on using "Manage Library Fields".  My Album view is definitely the way it should be now.   8)
Pages: [1]   Go Up