INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: J. Rivers keeps shuting down when transfering to portable device  (Read 1302 times)

icanrule

• World Citizen

I need some help with an issue I have been having for a while.  When I hook up my T10 (portable MP3 Player) MC reads it properly.  I have it setup to delete mp3's when a sync begins with an mp3 list I have setup.  When I hit the sync button, it starts to delete the files.  Once all mp3's have been deleted, J. Rivers program shuts down.  The MP3 player is also not visible under my computer.  I have to disconnect the MP3 player and reconnect it.  If I open the program again and do the sync it will work this second time.

System Information:

Windows Server 2003.
J. Rivers Media Center 13.0.371.  

I have updated the firmware in the T10 to try to fix this.  I also formatted my system and reinstalled the Windows Server 2003 (on a unrelated issue).  Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this.  

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: J. Rivers keeps shuting down when transfering to portable device
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2009, 06:57:46 am »

It sounds like you're doing the delete outside of MC.  Let MC manage your device.  It can delete files if you set the option, "Delete files not in sync list".

icanrule

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2009, 06:40:07 am »

I do all my management from within J. Rivers Media Center.  I only noticed that it isn't listed anymore in my computer while trying to troubleshoot the issue on my own.  Anyone else have any additional information. 

I might just downgrade to MC12.  This is only one of the many problems I have noticed after using MC13 and I haven't taken advantage of any of the new features found in MC13. 

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2009, 07:11:09 am »

Try Redetect Devices in MC's options for Handhelds.

It might help if you could describe the problem more completely, step by step.

icanrule

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2009, 04:09:07 pm »

I hook up MP3 player.  I go to devices to confirm that it is detected.  I open up the T10 and it shows all my music.  I can delete all the music from here and it seems like on the last one all of a sudden J. Rivers Media Center Shuts down.  I then go to Windows Explorer and the T10 portable device isn't there anymore.  So I remove the MP3 players usb port and hook it back up.  Computer redects it and all the music has been deleted. 

I can then upload at will through J. Rivers Media Center. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up