INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DVD bad picture no sound & TV will not scan for channels  (Read 1409 times)

bluezman

DVD bad picture no sound & TV will not scan for channels
« on: June 18, 2009, 09:09:08 am »

When trying to play dvd ,picture is very poor and gradually improves but with no sound ,TV will not scan for channels even though it recognizes the tuner ASUS ,very dissapointed ,had no problems with earlier version and now have totally uninstalled this software, I have tried 2 other products which I have reverted back too which is more expensive and offers a full refund after 7 days following a 30 day trial period which makes it worthwhile ,I was also dissapointed to find that a refund is not available from you,if you can provide a solution for my problem I may try again ,I'm running vista and the sytem is only 6 months old and running latest software with no issues until now.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: DVD bad picture no sound & TV will not scan for channels
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2009, 09:14:37 am »

It's probably a bad DirectShow filter.  Please see the wiki (link above) and read about DirectShow.

DVD Playback

DirectShow Playback

Consider installing CCCP, but if you do, turn off taskbar settings in FFDShow and Haali.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: DVD bad picture no sound & TV will not scan for channels
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2009, 09:48:45 am »

had no problems with earlier version

Did you use an earlier MC version on your new OS (and PC?) without problems? If yes, did DVD playback and the same turner card work fine? Which MC version was it?

Jim is probably right and the playback issues can be easily fixed by installing CCCP and setting the DirectShow and playback options correctly.

For troubleshooting the TV tuner problem more information is needed. You said only that it is Asus. Which model? Is it analog or digital? If it is digital, where do you live and what is the local broadcasting standard?

As a general rule, it cannot be expected that everything always works straight out of the box. JRiver provides a 30 day trial and if something does not work as expected it would be useful to immediately post about the found problems here. There is a good chance that the problems can be fixed quickly by changing some settings/installing filters/etc and after that the trial can be continued.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755
Pages: [1]   Go Up