INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Setting Up Media Server for music access with a Playstation 3  (Read 2072 times)

mimilvr

Can anyone provide a link (and/or) steps to set up v13's Media Server so I can access my music library with a PS3?  I performed the steps listed below, but the PS3 can not find the server.  The PS3 can find others, but not the J. Rivers one.  I want to exclusively use the J. Rivers one and get rid of the others, if it is adequate.

Steps I am following after I open J. Rivers Media Center (v13.0.171 - Trial Version - Haven't purchased as of yet):

Tools  >  Advanced Tools  >  Media Server.

At this point, I get the Media Server icon in my system tray).  I then force my PS3 to search for media servers, but it is unable to locate it.  As a NOOB I may overlooking something, but I can not find any up-to-date steps on the J. Rivers site for configuring v13 media server.  Any help is appreciated.  Thanks.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

mimilvr

Re: Setting Up Media Server for music access with a Playstation 3
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2009, 05:13:44 pm »

That worked perfectly.  Thank you.

One other question that was not addressed in the wiki.  My PS3 is not displaying the album art embedded in the .mp3's, when searching or playing.  Other media servers are able to do this.  I tried turning on the 'shrink large images' in the server options.  I then stopped and restarted the server.  No change on the PS3.  Any suggestions?

I do like the response time.  No latency like with 'WMP' or 'PS3 Media Server'.

Thank you again.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2009, 05:17:54 pm »

Album art isn't implemented.  It's on the list.

mimilvr

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2009, 05:36:05 pm »

OK.  Thank you again.  Still an excellent product overall.  Beats all other Media Players hands-down.  Congrats on an excellent job.

Can't wait till v14 hits stable production.
Pages: [1]   Go Up