INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: regularly lose setting for Auto-Import folders, have to input my folders again  (Read 3721 times)

kenmuse

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...

I regularly lose my setting for Auto-Import folders and have to input my folders again.  This time I totally lost my all my files in my library and had to not only add my folders to monitor and import but had to run the import again.  This took over 45 minutes since I have a large library, and it has happened before.  Why do I regularly lose the listing in Auto-Import folders?  And secondly why would I lose my library that was already populated in Media Center?  I do clean my registry and delete temporary files, but this should not affect media Center library.  I use Windows 7 64 bit with Media Center 14.0.165.  I do have my media files deleted, just my library and folder settings in MC.

Media Center 14.0.165 Registered -- C:\Program Files (x86)\J River\Media Center 14\

Workstation 6.1  (Build 7600)
Intel Core 2 2398 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 3145 MB, Free - 345 MB

Internet Explorer: 8.0.7600.16385 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.7600 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.1.7600 / Shell32.dll: 6.1.7600 / wnaspi32.dll: 4.70 (0008) , ASPI for Win32         DLL, Copyright ᄅ 1989-2001 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.70 (0008)

Ripping /   Drive I:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive Y:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive Z:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 100
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive Z: TSSTcorp CD/DVDW TS-H653L   Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:40  MaxSpeed:40  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: No /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /

Portable Device Info
  Removed devices:

Interface Plugins:
  last.fm (Active)
  Library Server (Active)
  TiVo Server (Active)
Kenmuse

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird

I have never lost an MJ or MC library (since 2002).

By default the library files are stored in the Windows user specific application data location and the info of its location (among many other things) in the Windows registry.

I do clean my registry

What do you mean by this? Are you sure that you are not deleting or corrupting any essential data?

and delete temporary files

What do you mean by this? Are you sure that you are not deleting or corrupting any essential data?
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

grandlulu

• Junior Woodchuck
  • GrandLuLu from Paris, impressed by MC!

I regularly lose my setting for Auto-Import folders
I regularly lose my setting for Auto-Import folders too.
Glary utilities problem or other cleaning program ?
Best regards ; Cordialement,
GrandLuLu
- Paris, France
Pages: [1]   Go Up