INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Moving photos loses tag  (Read 1153 times)

chirpp

• World Citizen
Moving photos loses tag
« on: June 25, 2009, 09:51:18 pm »

I decided to go through my photos and tag them accordingly using MC.  To do this, I copied all photos to a laptop running MC13. This way I could be off line and tag. I kept as much of the directory structure as I could.  My main photos are on a server referenced as Z:\My Pictures\. I copied to my local laptop under My Documents\My pictures.

So I tagged them with Events, People, and Places, about 2 years worth anyway, not all. I decided last night to upload what I have done thus far so I don't lose anything. 

First I moved my Z:\My Pictures\2008_12_1\Files, and several other folders as well (the ones I knew I had tagged on my laptop) to a different location.  Then I copied from my laptop to the Z:\My Pictures. Same folder structure and files just should have the tags included. 

I opened MC14 and viewed my pictures and there are no tags in Events, People or places are that I previously had done. Does it not keep the tag in the file itself?  If not, can I some how export this data and import into my library that points to Z:\My Pictures?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Moving photos loses tag
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2009, 10:02:02 pm »

Not all formats may have tags.  jpg files do.

Try Library Tools/update tags from library.

chirpp

• World Citizen
Re: Moving photos loses tag
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2009, 10:18:57 pm »

Sounds so easy....They are jpg. I updated tags and we are in business. 

Thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up