INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to set up a "clean library" from a old one  (Read 1296 times)

Bobo4567

• Recent member
How to set up a "clean library" from a old one
« on: June 30, 2009, 03:46:34 pm »

MC does a good job for me since version 10. And it's great that the new "beta" versions can co exist with the stable ones and that the databases are automatically copied and converted.

But now I suppose that something went wrong with my major library so I like to start with a fresh new MC 13 / 14 library and migrate the content into a clean system. Why this? Because over the time
  • I got smartlists in english and german (I'm a german user and I don't know how the found the way into my MC ... )
  • Features in the tree were not there until I set the options to 'default'
  • Views on playlist groups don't show the entire content of the playlists

So I feel insecure about the consistency of my beloved MC. Especially when I read some threads about changes in fields, new fields, ... . I like MC but it seems that you have to spend an hour (or two) each day in the forum to find out how it works  ;)

Am I thinking in the right direction? Is there an easy way to check my MC or settle up a new library with "my old data"?

Thanks for your advice!

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: How to set up a "clean library" from a old one
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2009, 05:11:43 pm »

You should be able to restore any older version library backup into a newer Media Center.  Media Center makes backups automatically in the application data folder.

However, there shouldn't be any need to start fresh.  If you have duplicated playlists (perhaps because of a translation issue or switching languages), just delete the duplicates.

Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up