INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Soundtrack issues  (Read 1624 times)

Eaiello1086

Soundtrack issues
« on: July 02, 2009, 01:05:51 pm »

Hello, everyone. I'm new here. I used Media Center in the past, but due to a certain annoyance I stopped using it. Now I'm back again and I'm having the same problem. I love this software, I'm just a bit confused about how to make this work for me.

I did a search to find people with similar problems so that I could study those threads. I found some stuff, but the solution is absolutely no clearer to me. So here goes:

I have a few movie soundtracks. Most of them were organized intact in either a Multiple Artists area or a Various Artists are. Good, that's what I want. But I have a soundtrack now that I just imported that is not organized together. It has 25 tracks and the first 9 tracks are not organized with the rest of the soundtrack. They are organized by individual artist in the artist view. I'm not sure if I'm making sense.

I'm a bit anal when it comes to my organization of my library and I really want this set of tunes to be organized together. If any of you can help me, I would be most appreciative.

Thanks,

Eric

dcwebman

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Soundtrack issues
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2009, 07:41:48 am »

What I do with Soundtracks is edit the Album Artist field and enter "Soundtrack" for all songs on that particular album. That keeps them all together even in Artist view under Soundtrack.
Jeff

gappie

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2009, 08:07:04 am »

are the files of the soundtrack all in the same folder? is that folder only for that album? is the album artist tag empty?
just a few question to start.
 :)
gab

Eaiello1086

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2009, 08:42:46 am »

Thanks to both of you. Until now, I just thought that when people said album artist they were only referring to Artist. I found the tag for "album artist", if I make it the same for the entire album, will they then be grouped together? Will I have to arrange my albums differently?

And to answer your questions: yes, they are in their own dedicated folder. And well, yes, due to my confusion that "album artist" tag is empty. Hmmmmm....

Thanks for your help, folks.

Eaiello1086

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2009, 08:54:13 am »

Okay, I've got this. I can't believe it was such a simple solution. Thanks VERY much for making me realize that "album artist" was its own tag.

Peace.

dcwebman

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2009, 07:13:41 am »

Usually you don't have to touch the Album Artist tag if the album just has one artist. It's when there's more than one artist that you might want to set it so that all the tracks get organized under that one album. Empty or not, the Album Artist (auto) tag will wind up being filled in. Please see the wiki for probably a clearer understanding:
http://wiki.jrmediacenter.com/index.php/Using_Album_Artist_and_Album_Artist_(Auto)
Jeff
Pages: [1]   Go Up