INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Better options for marking favorite albums.  (Read 1676 times)

flac.rules

• Citizen of the Universe
Better options for marking favorite albums.
« on: July 04, 2009, 04:16:59 am »

Making favorite songs in MC is easy, but having a system for favorite albums is a bit more hassle. I have quite a lot of albums on disk, and all have playlists, which are put in the "imported playlists" folder. However i would like to have a folder of my favorite albums, and/or a star-rating on albums. I can copy playlists from the imported playlists folder, but that contains a lot of files, so its a bit bothersome. I can also mark the files in the playling now-window, and add them to a new playlist, but i have to name it manually. Maybe an option to right click a song and have an option like "add this songs album to favorite playlists" or similar (in othe words, it will create a playlist of all the songs on the same album as the song wich is right clicked) possible combined with a star rating system as i mentioned. (a seperate "album rating field maybe?). I would also like to see som kind of option to navigate to "favorite albums" in theater-view, instead of all the albums i have.

MC has a lot of options, so maybe all theese options already exists and I'm to stupid to have found them, if so, please point me in the right direction. If not, please consider theese ideas, I don't need the implementation to be just as i have descirbed, just throwing out some ideas on how album-managment could be better.

hit_ny

• nothing more to say...
Re: Better options for marking favorite albums.
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2009, 02:32:28 pm »

Why not create a custom field called album rating and use either numerical, stars or words to describe how good the album and finally a viewscheme to display.

You would need to select all files in the album when rating the album.

flac.rules

Re: Better options for marking favorite albums.
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2009, 05:16:19 pm »

Why not create a custom field called album rating and use either numerical, stars or words to describe how good the album and finally a viewscheme to display.

You would need to select all files in the album when rating the album.

Hmm, a custom field, combined with a smart playlist that only has the albums wich are the favorite albumes. not a bad idea at all. I think that would be a good solution wich hadn't really occured to me. However i think some of mye suggestions would make the solution even better and smooth. But thanks a lot for the tip.
Pages: [1]   Go Up