INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: multiple instances, each with own zone?  (Read 1242 times)

pgrisham

• World Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
multiple instances, each with own zone?
« on: July 04, 2009, 10:15:08 am »

I have a setup where my secondary output is to my HDTV.  MY primary monitor (formerly not used at all, really) is getting ALOT more use these days.  I created a second instance of MC that will use a different zone (my USB sound card) so I can listen to music locally on instance #2 while instance #1 of MC is showing up in the den.  It works, but I have a problem:  my options are set to start in theatre view on monitor #2.  For this to work, I need a way to start the second instance with a 'standard view' switch AND a 'zone 2' switch.  I can't seem to get it figured out...

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: multiple instances, each with own zone?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2009, 04:46:39 pm »

There's no way to have independent settings for each instance.

We've considered expanding zones to support multiple user interfaces (currently you can have multiple playbacks but only one user interface).

Would it be possible to setup your system with Remote Desktop or similar so each client used a separate user account on the same machine?  This way they could have unique settings.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

pgrisham

• World Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
Re: multiple instances, each with own zone?
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2009, 05:44:07 pm »

I'll give that a try.  I guess it would have to be something from Microsoft, since I would need to access 2 different Windows user accounts.
Pages: [1]   Go Up