INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: smartlist help? two conditions?  (Read 1636 times)

broncodan

• World Citizen
smartlist help? two conditions?
« on: July 10, 2009, 11:39:58 am »

I want to create a smartlist that selects all the rated songs for an artist, and then remove duplicates of the same songs based on some other criteria.  I have a user created column for live music - so any song that is live the column = Y and if not it is blank.

What I want the smartlist to do is the following:
1 - select all the rated songs by an artist,
2 - Remove duplicates but with some rules - I typically want the studio version (the one that isn't marked Live) of the song in my smartlist but if the live version is the only one I have, I want to keep that on on the list.

I hope this makes sense.

Thanks in advance.

gappie

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: smartlist help? two conditions?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2009, 12:17:48 pm »

i think the artist and rating are not the problem? for duplicates you could start with sorting them by the live tag, in a way that the empty values are at the start, then make a rule
limit advanced = 1,1,[name]

does it work, i did not test it, just an idea that might work, if not, or if its unclear, just say so.

:)
gab

broncodan

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2009, 12:41:34 pm »

I tried it - the problem seems to be that it doesn't take a blank into account when sorting - it only goes A-Z or Z-A and it doesn't change the order either way - with no other variables the Y is in the same place (at the top).

I guess one other way to get this to work would be to choose the song with the earliest year that is not marked live but that is still 2 conditions....  :(

gappie

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2009, 02:53:48 pm »

maybe the 'wrong' sorting has something to do with the value set in options>tree&view> sorting>sort empty values last.

but when you want to make more playlists per artist i got one other idea.
make one smartlist wich gives you all the duplicates of song-artists. call it duplicates. (you know how to do that?)
now make an other smartlist with in the rules playlists is duplicates, and live is Y, call it for instance dupslive.

now when you make a smartlist for a certain artist add the rule playlists is not dupslive. you can use dupslive for all the other smartlists

:)
gab
Pages: [1]   Go Up