INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Automatically generate smartlists based off set criteria?  (Read 3576 times)

broncodan

• World Citizen
Automatically generate smartlists based off set criteria?
« on: July 10, 2009, 11:47:08 am »

I was wondering if MC can be set up to automatically generate multiple smartlists based off of certain criteria?

As an example - I would like to set it up to automatically generate a smartlist based on the following criteria:  Artist that have more than 10 different songs with ratings.

This way I would easily be able to generate a bunch of smartlists without having to manually go through my library (which contains > 65k songs).

What this would also do is automatically (or if not automatically - then at least when I ran this "macro") generate a smartlist once I rated 10 songs for an artist.

gappie

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Automatically generate smartlists based off set criteria?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2009, 03:11:40 pm »

i dont think mc can be set to generate smartlists automaticaly. and, if i understand your example, it might be that you wont need it. the biggest problem i see is creating a smartlist that gives all the artists with more than 10 songs rated. right now i could not think of a way to make that.
but, for when you found a way (please share), when you make a smartlist that has all the artists that include them, and you use that smartlist as a basis for a view scheme, with artists in the top, you might be set.

:)
gab

dafloydman

• World Citizen
Re: Automatically generate smartlists based off set criteria?
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2013, 08:47:11 pm »

Hi Broncoden.
This is a very useful request. I'm wondering if you ever found a solution
cheers
Floyd
Pages: [1]   Go Up