INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Audio Analysis in bigger batches  (Read 1836 times)

globetrotters1

• Citizen of the Universe
Audio Analysis in bigger batches
« on: July 11, 2009, 10:03:14 am »

Until yesterday everything worked more or less fine (except some random crashes now and then, but that has been reported by other people before), today - without having changed ANYTHING - some of my views are just GONE, silently and without any action from my side (!), and, which is even more annoying: the program crashes while analyzing music tracks! Not always at the same spots, that's what makes me even more suspicious that something is terribly wrong

No firewall, no virus scan program is running, nothing of this machine gets updated automatically, everything is set to stay the way it is (and that has worked more or less since some months without bigger flaws). I did uninstall, reinstall and all the nine yards, that brings nothing.

The program crashes in "jrplayer.dll" and I could provide an error report if necessary

Any hints?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Serious troubles with MC13
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2009, 10:20:04 am »

Turn off automatic cover art lookup.  We're moving servers this weekend.

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=52863.msg360336#msg360336

globetrotters1

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2009, 10:29:31 am »

automatic cover lookup is off since 2 years, always was off

globetrotters1

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2009, 11:41:27 am »

I think I might have found a bug...

If I load 200-300 tracks into the "analyze audio" function, everything seems to work fine. Also tracks which triggered a crash before run through fine.

As soon as I load more than 2000 tracks to calculate I get random crashes. It seems that there is some kind of memory handling problem...

At least there is a workaround with the smaller batches to load :)

--------------------

This doesn't solve the problem of the view settings which silently disappeared (has been reported before by someone), pretty annoying

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2009, 11:48:59 am »

If I load 200-300 tracks into the "analyze audio" function, everything seems to work fine. Also tracks which triggered a crash before run through fine.

As soon as I load more than 2000 tracks to calculate I get random crashes. It seems that there is some kind of memory handling problem...
That sounds like a problem with memory.  A virus checker could cause it.  Kaspersky has had problems recently.

See the link called "Weird Problems" in my signature for ideas.

globetrotters1

Re: Audio Analysis Problem
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2009, 12:03:15 pm »

thanks, Jim, but if you read my post (see above) then you'll find out that this machine is stripped from everything else than the bare WinXP SP3, no virus scanner, no firewall, no unnecessary services, no unnecessary programs and the access to the Internet is blocked by the main network switch (outside of this machine)

weird is that MC13 crashes randomly... sometimes just serving music to different zones, no one at the console keyboard... and after restarting it it works fine again...

the audio analyzing feature I never used before with more than 2000 tracks, that is correct

but blaming it to a virus scanner which is not even installed is a long shot IMHO :)

----------------------------------------

and I know your "weird problems" article, no need to point to it
Pages: [1]   Go Up